Chapter Twenty-Nine: Pictures

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

    Trying to get the memories of two nights ago out of my head was haunting and unforgetable. Even after talking with Connor and moving my things to his place was hard to get use to. I was in a home alone with Connor, granted I had his old room but still, just the thought of it was mind boggling. After confessing to him about my feelings and getting things cleared up, things got awkward for me. After the town meeting and Connor letting everyone know about the past then what happened with Caine things went haywire for a bit. The pack was in an uproar, mainly the elders who use to be ruled by Connor's father. For a good hour Connor argued back with some of them and he put up a good fight becasue they finally settled down. Connor let them know that from that day on he would be a true Alpha, no lies and no secrets and that he has found his mate. He pointed to me and let his pack know what I was. Talke about emberessing moments, I went red and for some reason I looked over to where Maria was and she didn't seem to be happy that he pointed me out.

     He let them know that I was a sorceress and that Dante was planning on destroying the pack and that Andrus and Angel where with him. From my understanding, Andrus and Angel were brother and sister. Angel went rogue and then Andrus. They were great together and strong. My question was if they were rogues then why did they work together? Agian, I had to get use to this werewolf ritual. The next day after the meeting was Caines funeral. It was hard for me to see his parents cry over his coffin and his friends breakdown at the funeral. My eyes were swollen and red from all the crying and the memories of the night of his death swam in my head. The gathering, after setting Caine's coffin underground and burying him, was held at his parents home. The mother didn't come out of her room. Most of the pack members walked up to me to introduce themselves. I even had the pleasure of meeting Caine's younger brothers, Kent and Kyle. One was 11 and the other 13. Kyle, the 13-year-old, looked just like Caine and he even had the green eyes. After the gathering, everyone went their seperate ways and Troy escorted me to Connor's home, since Connor had some planning to do with the other pack members on preparing for Dante to strike.

     Since then I've been cooped up in the house with Kenny just outside of it guarding it. Now I sat in Connor's old room staring out the window, feeling like an old maiden. I would see Connor for a few moments but then he would have to take off because of business with the pack and I knew Maria was there with him. Why did I care anyways, she wasn't anything to him. But still, she had the joy of being part of the discussion. I threw the thoughts out. It's only been three months since I've been in the town and everyday I made sure to call Brody. He let me know that everythings been peacefull and quiet without me. Gina even misses me and the bar was fixed up perfectly, some new things also put in. I said I'd help with the funds since I had a trust fund I haven't really touched. He denied my handouts but also told me he and Gina were hanging out more and then they had their first date in which the night was memorable. Since then, they've been dating. She even moved in with him. They shared his room. I let him know everything was good on this side of town and the pack was really nice.

    Connor was barely home and I usually went out to town if I just wanted to get out of the house but someone from the pack was always near by. Dante was after me right along with everyone in the pack just to ruin Connor's life but no one knew when he was going to strike and I didn't know when my sorcoress was would come out but she's been quiet since Caines death almost four months ago. I wasn't complaining though. For the last week Connor has been in and out of the house. I know he was busy with trying to get things settled and prepared but sometimes I wish there was a time for us. A time to actually spend together. Even at night when he came back late he just went straigh to bed. I didn't want to be one of those clingy girlfriends but sometimes I wish a hi and bye was said. I stopped school until Spring semester. I had more important things to contribute to.