Chapter Twenty-Five: Death

A/N: Hello Readers! I know there is lot's of questions on the last chapter. I couldn't just answer it in the comments. So here is chapter 25. Sorry for it being a bit short but I wanted to save a bit for chapter 26. Thank you all for reading again. And I do hope you enjoy this Chapter. Enjoy!

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

{Connor's POV}

     I could feel a glare on me and when I turned to see who it was, Gina didn't care that I looked at her she still kept the glare on me. I knew what was going through her head 'Why the hell didn't I go after her?' I didn't know why. The slap in the face? The way she looked at me? Everything that just went wrong. And then her looking at me when Maria was wiping the blood off of me. Why did I act as if I did something wrong? She looked between Maria and I and yet I felt as if I had done something wrong.

                [You did! Idiot!] my wolf bit. I could feel him wanting to shift so we could run after her but I couldn't let him out. Why? Every inch of me wanted to but yet I went still. Instead, I told Caine to go after her. I froze. Fuck! I really just froze. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck! From the smile on Brody's face, which I wanted to wipe off, he too knew I just fucked up! It was simple Connor; take a few steps, run and then talk it out with her. BUT NO, you want to be stubborn and stay at the bar. WITH MARIA! Dammit, Maria. Why the hell are you even here?

               [Idiot] my wolf yelled inside. Can he just shut the hell up for a bit.

               [No. You just watched as our mate walked out of the bar and yet, your still here] He was right. What was I still doing here. It should be me at the house, not Caine.

                [Seems you have brains and balls after all] my wolf said excitedly and if I wasn't mistaken a small chuckle was heard. I didn't think too much on it as I finally walked towards the exit,

                "Connor!" Maria called out but I didn't turn around,

                "Drayden, you all clean this mess and I'll have Caine on his way to come help. I've got some business to attend. No one follow. Including you Maria and that's an order." Drayden nodded and I was out of the bar in seconds.

{Caine's POV}

     The ride to Eryn's home was a bit quiet. Sometimes I wondered what went through our Alphas brains. It should be him in this car with her, not me. And she was quiet meant she was pissed. Even I could see the steam exiting her head. I felt as if I was in the line of fire between the both of them. To top it off, Maria was here. Why in all the world was she here. Easy, she still loved Connor. She-wolves these days. Ten minutes until we reached Eryn's house and not even the music was on but I didn't dare turn it on. Maybe she wanted it quiet. It was way too quiet for me. Okay Caine time for blond jokes to yourself. How does one drown a blond? Put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool! Ha, that's always a good one.

                "Are you okay?" Eryn suddenly asked. I looked at her with confusion, "Yeah! Why?"

               "You were smiling awkwardly. You didn't fart, did you?" she asked me as I raised a brow and then let a small grin pass my face, "No. I was . . . I was just telling myself jokes. It's too damn quiet in this car." I admitted.

               "Oh . . . " she said reaching over to turn the music. She let some crazy rock music erupt her stereo.

              "What kind of music is this?" I asked as the screaming continued. She looked at me, "Real music."