Chapter Twenty: Returned

A/N: Hello Readers. Hopefully you enjoyed chapter 19. Below is Chapter 20 and to the right is a picture of Jamie. Thank you again for reading my book. Enjoy!

CHAPTER TWENTY

          I could feel my legs start to drag across the floor through the crowd. No one seemed to pay me any heed at the fact that I was being dragged by some crazy man and I was a drunken mess. My eyes were a bit blurred but I still searched through the club for Gina or Jamie. Jamie was no where in site. Even though I was drunk I still tried to hit at him but no luck. He didn't seem to care. Going through the crowd slowed us down towards the exit. My words were at a slur as I tried telling him to let me go. He didn't care and he was just as drunk as I was. 

                    "Let me go!" I said again and he held my arm tighter. Now would be the best time for Jamie or Gina to notice I wasn't with them and look for me. That's when I spotted Jamie near the bar. Oh good, "JAMIE." I screamed over the loud music but she was flirting with the bartender and didn't seem to hear me. She was a few ways away so I assumed she could hear me. I called her name again and the man turned around to face me as he pulled me in hearing distance, "Shut your mouth or I'll make you regret it." He said squeezing my arm even tighter. I still struggled as he had a satisfied look on his face when I didn't call Jamie again. But when he turned back around he bumped into someone. At first I didn't recognize him until he spoke,

                     "If you don't let go of her arm, I'll break yours." Connors voice was barely audible but I knew it was him as I looked up at him, his eyes completely fixated on the dark tall and handsome man who had me by the arm. Though Connor was tall, the man who held me was taller and muscular. He grinned at Connor, "Look it here pretty boy, she's mine so I suggest you turn around before I hurt you. There are plenty of other drunken women here." He pushed Connor but Connor didn't budge. Not only was I surprise that Connor was here, I couldn't believe how fast my heart was beating just staring at him. I wanted to call his name but I didn't want to sound stupid or let him notice I was wasted. 

                      "Oh, we've got a tough guy huh!" the man said, letting my arm go and taking a swing at Connor but in a blink of an eye, Connor dodged the hit and grabbed the guys arm, twisting it in the back the guys back and now Connor was between the man and I, his back facing me. I then watched as Connor stretched his arm until I heard bone crack and the man screamed in pain. This got a few of the peoples attention around us. Connor threw the man on the ground and turned around to face me, "Are . . . " He stopped and looked at me, raised eyebrows as his eyes looked me up and down. My face went red at the attention. He then scrunched his eyebrows together, "Lets go." he said. I didn't argue and looked over to see Gina, who now was looking at us. She was walking towards where Connor and I now stood. I turned around and watched as Jamie was now standing in front of us. Connor grabbed my hand and growled at Jamie as Jamie's eyes went wide and she seemed to take a defensive stance in front of us. Connor did the same and Gina approached us,'

                        "What the hell are you doing back?" she said to Connor. Connor ignored her completely as his eyes glared at Jamie. Jamie looked between Connor and I and then down at Connor holding my hand. 

                                  "Eryn, if I were you, I'd get away from him." Jamie said, now glaring at Connor. Connor looked back at me, "You know her?" he asked and I looked confused as I nodded, "She's one of my closest friends." I answered Connor. Jamie looked at me dumbfounded, "You know him?" she asked. I nodded, "He's a friend  of . . ."

                                  "I'm her mate." Connor cut me off, answering. Even drunk I knew he just told Jamie I was his mate. What really shocked me was that Jamie's expression towards me, fear. She took a step back, "Your mate?" she said to him. Wait, was I missing something. Did she just sound like she knew what a mate was. Gina stepped between the two, "Okay, just hold on a minute, what is up with the idiot on the floor?" she asked, as I stared down at the man crying and babying his arm that I assumed Connor broke.