Talking with the Hat

"Prat"- talking

'Dumblefuck' -thinking

§Open§ -Parseltongue

"Hello" - speaking different languages

"Enough" -familiar speaking/beast speak/gobbledegook

*Sit* -action

'This kid' -familiar/magical creature/ goblin thinking

Hello -writing/messages/news/letters

'Slytherin' - vision/memories

Chapter 3: Talking with the Hat

==========================================

Third Pov:

Harry had caught the sorting hat in his hands. Just after catching the sorting hat, Tom starts mocking Harry for his loyalties and the trust Dumbledore has in him that he sent a mere hat to save him. Tom becomes shocked as the Phoenix pierces the eyes of the Basilisk making it lose its sense of vision and making it depend on its other senses. Though its other senses are not as accurate as its eyes. It was clear to Harry that the Basilisk's other senses were pretty good as well since Harry barely missed being hit by it when Tom had ordered the Basilisk to kill him right now. After dodging the attack Harry started to run again to get the distance between him and the basilisk. As he runs the Baslisk tries to chase after and attack him but it is stopped again by Fawkes. Harry fires some spells running and dodging as he fights the Basilisk alongside the Phoenix. While this is going on the sorting hat which is still in Harry's left hand starts speaking amidst all the chaos as if they were on a peaceful picnic or a simple stroll through the park.

Hat-" I told you that Slytherin is the best choice for you and where you grow to greatness, Mr. Potter. But you vehemently asked for any other house but Slytherin. I put you in Gryffindor in hopes you befriend Mr.Longbottom which you sadly have yet to do.Now look where your choice has gotten you Mr.Potter look what has happened to you over the last two years all because you chose to be in Gryffindor instead of Slytherin. Today you find yourself in another life-or-death situation because of those around you. If you had been in Slytherin, you would have been with people who are like you, Mr.Potter. People who are ambitious, cunning, and intelligent. However, I will admit that the Weasley twins and Ms.Granger are a great choice of friends. Though it took you a long time to gain a friendship with them better late than never. Also I am proud that you at least told the twins some of your past even if you didn't go in grave detail it took alot of courage to open up to them as much as you had. Though I feel you should tell them everything Mr.Potter the twins may be jokesters but they are good friends to have and I believe you should tell Ms.Granger everything when she wakes up she is a loyal friend you can trust her Mr.Potter I know your scared but take a leap of faith. Like I said I am happy you had trust the twins enough to tell them a bit of your life before Hogwarts. Also before you wonder how I know you told them I know because I am connected to Hogwarts herself child I know all that happens within these walls for I am the sorting hat. Do not worry I will not tell that meddling old fool anything your secret is safe with me. He has been trying for the last two years to get me to tell him all the things I saw in your mind when I had sorted you and still to this day I have not told him a thing. Now back to what I was saying your choice to befriend and trust the Weasley twins and Ms.Granger was a good choice. Had they not been in Gryffindor they all be in different houses. The twins would have been in Slytherin and Ms.Granger in Ravenclaw. If you want to know who others would be good choices to befriend I suggest Mr.Longbottom had he not been in Gryffindor I would have put him in Hufflepuff. However, I didn't suggest you be in Slytherin just because of your ambition, intelligence, and eminence cunning though that is part of the reason, it is just not the main reason. There are 2 main reasons I suggest you go to Slytherin the 1st being it was a sure way to ensure you would not be under Dumbledor's control and 2nd reason is you are the last blood relative of Salazar Slytherin himself, Mr.Potter. Before his death, Salazar himself asked me to sort any of his family members to his house where they would be safe. He also explained some of the traits that will give me some clues to identify them. One such clue is green eyes the second is females being named after flowers"