sixty-one| as our time flies

October 1991
• • •

The morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, the morning sun spilling over the dining table where Harry and Edward sat. The atmosphere was relaxed, a marked change from the tension that remained after the previous month's party debacle.

Edward poured a cup of coffee for Harry, smiling warmly. "Here you go."

"Thanks," Harry replied, returning the smile as he took the cup.

"So, what's on the agenda today?" Edward inquired, his tone relaxed.

Harry shrugged. "Not much. You?"

"I'm going to set later for filming. Would you like to join me?"

Harry sipped his coffee, considering Edward's invitation. "Sure. I guess it would be interesting to see the behind-the-scenes."

His grin widened. "Great! It'll be fun having you there."

Feeling reluctant to remain alone in the mansion, Harry decided to accompany Edward. Lately, the actor had shown exceptional kindness, perhaps attempting to make amends for the incident at last month's party. Though Harry still endured haunting nightmares from that night, he acknowledged and appreciated Edward's efforts to mend their relationship.

Regarding their relationship, he found himself in a state of uncertainty. It often resembled friendship, yet at times, there were inklings of something deeper, leaving him emotionally conflicted. He felt like a tangled mess inside, questioning the very foundation of his beliefs about himself, sensing that everything he had thought to be true about his life might have been a falsehood.

Edward sipped his coffee, a glint of enthusiasm in his eyes. "You know, the film I'm shooting today has a fascinating premise. It's a psychological thriller set in an eerie old mansion. My character is haunted by his past, quite literally."

Harry nodded, intrigued. "How do you prepare for a role like that?"

"Lots of research, honestly. I delve into the character's psyche, understand his fears, his regrets. It's challenging, but it's what draws me to acting—the chance to explore these intricate human emotions."

Harry admired Edward's dedication to his craft. "It must be fascinating to step into someone else's shoes like that."

"It truly is," he agreed. "That's why I want you to come along today. Witness the magic behind the scenes."

"Yeah."

They lapsed into silence as they finished their meal. When Harry completed his breakfast, he politely excused himself and made his way upstairs to prepare and dress for the day ahead.

In his bathroom upstairs, Harry took a refreshing shower, aiming to rejuvenate himself for the day. He carefully selected an outfit, hoping it would suffice among Hollywood's elite. His wardrobe was limited, but he aimed to present himself respectfully, not wanting to cause any embarrassment to Edward in the company of such prominent personalities.

Choosing a light blue dress shirt and black jeans, he settled on a simple yet presentable ensemble. He opted for a casual look, running his fingers through his hair instead of using a comb. As he completed his preparations, a knock sounded on his bedroom door, and Edward entered, wearing a smile.

"Hey, all set to head out?" Edward greeted warmly.

Harry nodded in response, noticing Edward's usual smart attire, his immaculate hair, and neat clothing. Sensing his concern, Edward spoke reassuringly, "Don't stress about appearances too much, alright?"