Ch.8 - Our shining bright future

~~~Demon slayer universe~~~

-Alexi pov-

4 days have passed since kagaya called me and gyomei to brief us both on about his suicidal plan which would greatly weaken muzan, Recalling that memory i for some unknown reason found myself really sad and upset...Perhaps sumire is right.

That man kagaya really has a kind soul thus he should live long or go out peacefully but not die like this.

Before i could think any further i was brought back into reality when tanjiro suddenly appeared before me and the look on his face wasn't happy or cheerful like usual, Instead it was quite serious.

"Nii-san we have to talk right now" He said in a serious tone.

Due to my infinite knowledge i already knew that tanjiro has unexpectedly heard my conversation with sumire, My non involvement in the final battle against muzan seem to has been really bothering him for some reason.

Anyway i acted naturally and showed that i don't know anything.

"Oh hello otouto, You look rather serious today...Did something happen" I ask.

"Nii-san i know so please don't pretend and tell me as why aren't you participating with us in this final battle" He asks.

"I...Had my reasons but if truth is to be spoken then...I'm just not worthy" I said looking away.

"Ridiculous! You trained both me and the hashiras to grow this strong so of course you're worth!! Plus with your tremendous strength we can easily win this battle without any casualties at all" Tanjiro says.

I however just simply let's out a sigh at this.

"Tanjiro you need to understand something...'Without sacrifice there can be no victory' and i made none unlike you all" I said.

"Nii-san...I'm not following you, What are you trying to say here...Please speak clearly" (Tanjiro)

"My dear otouto in time you'll understand everything but for now please leave me be" I said and start walking away however before leaving i placed my hand over tanjiro's shoulder and whispered something into his ear.

"Tanjiro don't doubt in your strength, You are strong and besides it's your destiny to end that wretched bastard, By the way today muzan will arrive at the ubuyashiki estate on 11:45 PM so be ready for him" I said.

Hearing this news tanjiro's eyes widen in shock but before he could say or ask me anything i already have disappeared into a flash.

I felt heartbroken because i lied to my otouto, Muzan will arrive 5 min's earlier at the ubuyashiki estate and by the time all the hashiras get there to protect kagaya it will be too late.

Fuck!!! Sometimes i just hate myself so much.

-Pov end-

{Timeskip - Muzan's arrival}

(Skipping this whole ass part, If you had read the manga then you already know what would've happened, Anyway here it goes)

After a bit of talking muzan was just about to kill kagaya however at the very moment the man blown himself up and in that big explosion his wife as well as his 2 daughters perishes.

Muzan on the other hand was greatly damaged by the explosion that even his instant regeneration took time to heal his body, He cursed kagaya in rage but more to his surprise a blood demon art was suddenly activated upon him.