whispers.

"jungkook, what would i do without you?"

jungkook is cutting the meat and grilling it, the sizzle of the fatty pieces over the fire fills the air with mouthwatering smells. lisa is cozy in a hoodie, eyes sparkling with the same fiery red as the flames between them. he looks like the personification of what home feels like, lisa will never feel out of place with him by her side.

"for one, you'd have to cook your own meat."

she laughs, but his eyes are serious. lisa slips back into another topic as they eat away their meal. jungkook gentle touches on her hand whenever he drops more meat on her plate as a thanks. eyes blinking and wandering with so much peace and love in them. and then he slightly nudges her knee with his own.

"i'm sure i will be the one lost without you," jungkook says after a pause, his voice quieter and lisa looks at him with surprise.

she doesn't speak since there is still food in her mouth, he reaches out and wipes some sauce from the corner of her mouth and then speaks again when he notices her questioning gaze.

"i just don't want— to take you for granted. there's a lot that comes easily for me and it's easy to take it for granted. my parents' money. i don't want to do the same with you."

"what brought this up all of a sudden, kook-ah?"

jungkook chuckles, shy eyes looking away. he shrugs before continuing. "i guess i suddenly thought. i would be content to leave everything and spend the rest of my life out here," he says, looking around the campsite then finally finding lisa's eyes. as her heart swells with fondness. "with you."

lisa, always feeling breathless in the face of such sincerity, huffs out a laugh that makes the boy blink. "out here isn't so bad. we have wifi and a flat-screen. you're really spoiled if you think this is roughing it out."

echoing lisa's laugh, jungkook resumes stuffing his cheeks with more food, carefully keeping the conversation light until the end of their evening, and lisa senses it, wraps her arm around him while they lay later that night with jungkook facing her, he kisses the inside of her palm before placing it over his heart.

"just so we're clear, babe. i'd be more than content to spend the rest of my life with you. here. anywhere, really. all i need is you, and luca, leo, lily and louis." lisa adds quickly and jungkook laughs. the sound so pretty, it trickles into the spaces between her ribs to settle close to her heart.

"lisa if you do decide to abandon modern civilization, i need at least two months' notice to figure out how we'll survive because you're pretty much useless." lisa nudges him with elbow at that and jungkook fake-wails before they both laugh. he then pulls her impossibly closer.

"sometimes you sound so mean," lisa pouts just to be annoying and he immediately dips down and kisses it away, "now i need some praise. tell me something good, jungkook-ah."

"hm... for once, you were my sexual awakening."

lisa knows this, jungkook told her after five months of their relationship in a drunken and hazy state. that how she was the first girl he got attracted due, specifically since they met in middle school, when his body was already beginning to go through puberty. he told her the embarrassing tale of him jerking off for the first time while thinking of her and lisa laughed at it for hours.

"oh don't i know that," she grins mischievously and he rolls his eyes. she feels his heart close, their heartbeats moving in sync.

"you were also my moral ambiguity awakening," jungkook continues, more teasing now and she chuckles. "who would've thought i'd be lying to my parents and sneaking around using their money to be with you."

lisa's heart drops, their beats falling out of sync. she knows it's only a joke. she knows jungkook makes his own choices and doesn't regret this one. she reminds herself of these facts to dampen the echo of his words repeating in her mind until her grip around jungkook's hand loosens.

"they know you're here with me, though."

"they do. but they also think tae hyung, jimin hyung, chaeyoung and jennie noona are here too." jungkook reminds, "and they don't know you sucked my brain and soul out before this cuddle."

lisa allows herself to laugh. pulls jungkook closer again and their legs tangle. "no," she whines "not your precious brain and soul."

she pushes all other thoughts from her mind and settles back into a peaceful quiet at the sound of jungkook's laughter. kisses him again and lets his warmth overtake her.