pretty laughs.

"this is namjoon hyung. my mentor and dear friend," jungkook says, joy spilling from the wide grin on his face. his hand squeezes lisa's in its hold and she smiles wider, too.

"joonie hyung, this is lisa, my girlfriend."

lisa picks up the subtle shyness in jungkook's voice as he says it, the anticipation in his eyes. and suddenly she realizes it's the first time jungkook refers to her as his girlfriend , in front of someone from his family's side, at least.

namjoon smiles, bows and shakes lisa's hand. "i've heard so much about you," he says, plain and simple. she smiles back, noticing the sigh of relief jungkook lets out at namjoon's immediate acceptance.

namjoon is only three years olders than jungkook, but he looks like he's been to hell and back. jungkook has told lisa a lot about him, too; only son of millionaire parents. raised in the same mold under the same expectations as jungkook. his life planned for him and his passions and comforts refused and denied.

lisa wonders at which point one starts trading larger and larger pieces of their and their loved ones' freedom for more and more money, at which point one starts happily placing their children in the cookie cutter and ignoring their agony as their ends are trimmed off.

they spend an evening out having dinner, tucked away in a corner of a less than fancy restaurant, surrounded by the chatter of the customers and clicking cutlery. jungkook's shoulders are relaxed in a way lisa never sees when they're with his parents. his laughter echoes unrestrained, and the casual conversations drift between all too many topics. namjoon is nice. he has a lot in common with jungkook; they both talk with the same enthusiasm about the things they care about, they both clap their hands or tap their thighs when they laugh—

they're both forced to hide parts of who they are and hope the shell, they cover these parts with, doesn't crack under pressure.

it makes sense that they're drawn to each other. namjoon looks at jungkook like he's his precious baby brother. he looks at lisa like she can give jungkook the happiness namjoon himself wasn't able to get. it aches lisa but she feels at ease knowing he is the person jungkook spends all his time in the company with, especially knowing how jungkook hates being forced to go there so often.

when they're back in lisa's dorm room, tangled with each other on the bed under thin covers, jungkook whispers into her hair, voice sweet like honey.

"maybe i can introduce you to hoseok hyung next. we could go bowling or you could come with us to the gym. or maybe just hang out. whatever you'd like, they're really cool people."

her skin feels warm against him. there's lightness, easiness to his words and breaths, something lisa only now realizes he's been missing for a while since he was forced to start the internship at the company. lisa faces him with a teasing smile, the ease trickling into her own skin.

"in what world do you think i'll go to the gym with you and your two bros, kook-ah?"

"i just mean— we always hang out with jimin hyung and chaeyoung. they're great, don't get me wrong! but i just— i'd really like this, too."

lisa knows, of course. she laughs again and kisses his cheek. welcomes the nice change as it happens.

"i guess we could go bowling."