nothing to hide.

tw ;; mentions of self-harm

lisa stares at the text in her phone, brief and to the point, devoid of all the emojis jungkook used to overuse and the life and love he used to pour into every word.

'are you free?'

a feverish body means it's harder for lisa to hold back the tears. she craves his presence so much it makes her feel sicker than the illness does. 'sorry. i'm too sick to come over.'

when her phone rings, she is tempted to throw it out the window and bury herself in the mountain of blankets on her bed. a shiver travels down her spine and she's sick. she's sick and her body feels hot and feeble and—

"hello?" she finally answers, her voice stuffy and low. she waits for a reply from the other line.

"can you get the door when i arrive? i need 20 minutes to get there. i'll bring you the stuff you need."

lisa doesn't refuse the offer, doesn't say that there's no need. because it does feel like a need. because the weakness of her body overpowers the logic that screams at her that this is a bad idea. because wouldn't it be nice, to forget the pain and forget the fever and feel nothing but jungkook, physically close even if his heart is miles away?

"yeah. thanks."

it's less than 20 minutes when the doorbell rings. lisa opens the door, dragging her feet with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders and a tissue stuck up her runny left nostril.

jungkook blinks by the door at the sight of her, frozen for a moment before he huffs out a laugh.

"you look terrible."

it's the best thing he's said to lisa since they met at the funeral.

she shuffles back into her bedroom. doesn't bother to give instructions because it would be stupid to pretend jungkook doesn't know his way around the house just as lisa does. she lays on the bed, still wrapped in her blanket. waits and hopes that him appearing in her apartment wasn't just an illusion created by her feverish brain.

"it's not homemade, but it's not convenience-store-bought either. i recently found this place that prepares lunch boxes. ordered some chicken soup and a few other meals you can reheat when you want to. i left them in the fridge."

it's the longest sentence jungkook has spoken to her that isn't a string of profanities. lisa's eyes feel watery so she accepts the bowl of soup with a low-spoken 'thanks' and her sits at the edge of the bed, watching as she swallows spoonfuls of soup without another word.

they both startle when they hear a sudden sound. luca hops on the bed between them, and jungkook's eyes open wide as they follow the cat's movement until he sits in his lap, sniffing him. luca lifts his two front paws to jungkook's chest to bring his face closer to him. jungkook remains frozen as luca nuzzles his face into him and jungkook finally holds him in his arms. starts petting his back and scratching his chin. the nuzzling becomes more enthusiastic as the petting continues. he purrs loud, content. it's the only sound in the room for a while, and lisa watches, speechless and on the verge of tears.