whiskeys.

"seriously, lisa. he's totally checking you out."

lisa's eyes follow chaeyoung's to land on a guy sitting on a stool by the bar, not so discreetly smiling at her.

"come on, he's cute!"

jimin chuckles at chaeyoung's words, amused. lisa unhurriedly takes another sip. "he is. but i'm here drinking with you."

"and i'd be happy to call it a night so you can go get some right now."

lisa quirks an eyebrow. "do you wanna get rid of me so badly?"

"no!" chaeyoung replies quickly. she sounds almost scandalized. lisa chuckles and sips more of her drink. feels the burn of alcohol down her throat.

"thanks for caring about your friend so much, chaeyoung-ah."

chaeyoung later gets hammered, dropping all her weight on jimin as they exit the bar. jimin, after refraining from commenting on the matter all night long, speaks while on their way to the train station, and the question he starts with isn't one lisa has prepared herself to answer.

"are you expecting to get back together after he returns?"

lisa freezes for a second, but then quickly answers, "no." she doesn't think it's possible, after something broke so badly it's near impossible to glue the pieces back together. how cruel it is, that the thing that once made lisa feel whole now makes her feel shattered.

jimin hums. "rebounds aside, i know it's too early, but lis—"

he turns to face him now, as if he wants the full impact of his words to settle within lisa.

"the idea of you being with someone other than jungkook shouldn't be unthinkable. you know i'm not downplaying the pain you feel right now, or how special your bond used to be, but you broke up, lisa-yah."

setting a nearly blacked-out chaeyoung on the bench in the station, lisa looks ahead at the distant lights of the approaching train as jimin continues. "breakups hurt but you'll move on. you'll move on and allow yourself to love and be loved again. i just want you to do what you can not to stretch this period of pain beyond what it needs to be."

in the quietness of lisa's apartment, she wishes her cats woke up at the sound of her footsteps like they usually do when she walks in to demand food or nuzzle their heads at her legs. but maybe they sensed it, that she needs to be alone and look herself in the mirror as her surroundings still swim in a haze of alcohol, and remind herself of the words that are as true now as they were every single day she was with jungkook.

they may have broken up, they may move on and be with someone else, but if every person has a capacity of how much they can love, how much they can be loved, and how happy they can be, then lisa has used it all on jungkook. and if she can go back in time, despite knowing the pain that splits her heart in half now, lisa would do it again and again.