all of you.

happy anniversary, jungkook!"

"anniversary?"

lisa nods. "we met one year ago today," she says. tilts her head and continues. "although — what maybe counts as our first meeting is a couple of weeks after that day? we weren't fully introduced at the time but remember, the party, when we—"

"when the song came on," jungkook finishes for her, and lisa's smile grows wider, she knew he will not forget this day. "yeah! i didn't think anybody else knew that song. certainly nobody else at the party did."

their first ever encounter was punctuated with a wide grin on jungkook's face, when their eyes met in a room between a sea of people and they both mouthed 'i love that song' and lisa giggled before looking away when someone demanded her attention. they never spoke about it after they were properly introduced, but she always remembered.

lisa has seen enough jungkook smiles to categorize them in neat little folders in her mind. there's his excited smile, when their food gets delivered or their plans to watch a movie work out. there's his shy, flustered smile, when she teases him or playfully flirts with him or when he says something funny and lisa laughs a lot. there's his absent-minded smile, when he's watching something on his phone or when they're exchanging secret texts across the room while other people talk around them.

then there's this smile, lisa's favorite out of all of them: the hopeful smile, when he says or does something and waits to see her reaction, when he hands her a big present out of nowhere and his eyes keep flickering to it as lisa puts it down on the floor, waiting for her to open it.

"how did you even know the date?" lisa knows it because it was the birthday party of one of her cousins, but jungkook doesn't know her relatives most of the time, so it's a surprise that he remembered.

jungkook laughs. "i went through my chat history to figure out the date of the party. wasn't easy because i text a lot."

lisa knows, of course. jungkook texts the way he talks, words full of life and love, voice notes and emojis and endless laughter.

"anyway. open it." jungkook motions to the gift he has brought.

it is, frankly, a big box. a part of lisa worries how she'll take it back to her dorm room, where she'll even fit it. she watches the anticipation on his face as she tears the wrapping and opens the box, heart skipping over a beat when she sees what's inside. the parts are not assembled but the picture of the final product is attached. lisa stares at it for a moment.

"it's...a cat tower."

"yeah!" the enthusiasm on jungkook's face is contagious.

"i don't even have cats."

"yet!" jungkook interrupts, "you will, though, when you graduate in a few months and look for an apartment of your own! it's only a matter of time before you have cats. and i want them to remember me as their favourite, who likes to spoil them is from the first moment."

(little does he know, his wish does come true in a few years when lisa adopts four cats back to back)

there's an eruption of fondness in lisa's chest. something that words, and maybe even smiles, can't really express. she loves fancy gifts, she enjoys big gestures, but what she loves more is the earnestness in jungkook's eyes, the wide grin on his face. lisa hugs jungkook and he startles, letting out a chuckle that lisa automatically categorizes as one of her favorites, before his arms wrap around her too.

"happy anniversary," lisa says again, hiding her own grin behind his back, "but you still don't get to pick their names."