Chapter 6

"Not again." I groaned when the courier entered with another bouquet of flowers and this time there was a small gift bag also. I pointed to the windowsill that held six others. He set it down and I thanked him as he left. Jongin had been very persistent. As far as his apologies went, he had never been this elaborate. Every day for the past week, there was a new bouquet delivered with a card that just read "I'm sorry". I threw those away immediately so anyone snooping wouldn't get any ideas. They were gorgeous flowers though. All ranging from roses to flowers I couldn't even pronounce. I hadn't decided to do with them all yet. Throw them out, take them home, leave them here, let them die – the possibilities were endless.

I stood up to retrieve the little gift bag. I opened it up and there was a small gift box inside. I was immediately weary. He used to buy me expensive gifts to apologize but now was not the time for that. I was relieved and confused when I opened the box to only see a small slip of paper. It was a note.

Bee, all I'm asking for is one dinner.
I'll be at Ruger at 7PM next Friday.

This was what I was afraid of. Not him asking me to dinner, but me considering it. I looked at the flowers then back at the note. He was trying to soften me up and it worked. Frustrated, I put the note and box back into the bag and stuffed it into the trash before returning to my seat. I didn't have the chance to be properly angry because there was a knock at my door. Anya entered, and as she did all week, her attention went to the windowsill to look for a new addition.

"Damn, whoever this secret admire is must be crushing on you hard." She said walking over to the most recent delivery. It was a mix of sunflowers and white roses. He sent a lot of fall themed flowers which definitely made it harder to toss out.
"I need him to stop."
"Any idea yet who it is?" She said sitting across from me.
"I just shook my head and tried to pretend as if I was returning to my work.
"Who do you even talk to beside Jun and Min?"
"That's the thing, no one." I said.
"So it must be an admirer from afar..." Anya tapped her chin in contemplation.
"That would be wildly inappropriate for the workplace." I said.
"Fair. But even more creepy if it's someone you don't know but they know where you work." She pointed out. If I didn't actually know who it was, she would be right. I would be very creeped out.
"Very true." I sighed.
"And there's never a note on it?" She asked. I shook my head. "So weird. Usually they would give something like a hint."
"Unless they're not for me and someone is missing out on their flowers." I lied. Anya laughed at this.
"Damn, I would be pissed if someone was getting my flowers."
"Maybe they are yours. Take them."
"I could use some new flowers."
"I'm so serious. Take whatever you want. There's no way I'm keeping any of these alive."
"In that case..." She stood and went to browse. My door opened again and in walked Junmyeon.
"Hey – whoa. There's more?" The last time he was in my office, there was only one bouquet. Simple red roses. Now there was a whole array.
"Secret admirer admiring." Anya said, still focusing on which bouquet she would take. Junmyeon gave me a suspicious look and I gave him a nod in response. He rolled his eyes.
"Anyway, just wondering if any of you were going to the social in a couple of weeks to kick off the company holiday thing?"
"I am." Anya finally decided on a bouquet that had hydrangeas and joined us. "But we all know what Bri is gonna say." I scowled at the smirk on her face.
"You should come." Junmyeon said with a shrug.
"I'll think about it." I said. That's as much as I usually gave them before backing out. I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not. Being social with people at work was no longer an interest of mine.
"Okay, well, I have a meeting to attend. I will see you guys later." Anya said bouncing out of the room. "Thanks for the flowers!" Junmyeon looked at me and I looked back at him.
"What is he doing?" He asked once Anya was completely gone.
"I don't fucking know." I said massaging my temple. "He sent two today. One with a note asking me to dinner next Friday. At freaking Ruger."
"Oh shit." Junmyeon said with slightly wide eyes. That was one of the top restaurants in the city. I knew he loved to show off but this was a bit much. "What are you going to do?"
"I don't know." I sighed.
"Are you...considering it?" His eyebrow went up. I shrugged. "Brielle."
"He said he just wants to talk-."
"And we all know what that means."
"-but this way I can set him straight."
"You don't need to go to dinner to do that."
"I know but..."
"Don't let him get to you." Junmyeon frowned.
"I feel like he already did...again." I muttered. He looked at me sympathetically which just made me feel queasy. My phone vibrated and I picked it up to read the text that came through.
[CF]: Coffee break?
[CF]: I'm already here if you wanted anything.
"I need to get some air." I said standing.
"Yeah, we'll talk later." Junmyeon said. I didn't want to, but I nodded. He gave me a small smile before walking out. I put on my coat, took my wallet and phone and went to the elevator.
[Brielle]; The usual. Be there in a bit.