Chapter 21

October came along and not much changed between me and Baekhyun. We still didn't spend much time together, but I wasn't as paranoid about it. We still saw each other on occasion and we fell easily back in step with one another. He made an effort to check in even when he was busy and I did the same. I didn't want our friendship to end and I was glad he felt the same. I would have never thought that removing sex from our relationship wouldn't change anything, but it didn't. I knew this was something rare and I was going to hold onto it for as long as possible. I felt deep down that if we had met under regular circumstances, we would have become friends regardless.

It was finally the day of Junmyeon and Sehun's wedding. I was dressed and ready, awaiting Baekhyun's arrival. We had agreed to go together since both Anya and Minseok had dates. I was nervous. I had no reason to be. I was going with my friend. Someone I was comfortable with. That didn't stop my heart from leaping when there was a knock on my door.
"Well damn." I couldn't stop the words from leaving my lips on time, but it was warranted. Silver-haired attorney Byun was gone. Before me stood black-haired wedding date Baekhyun. He chuckled at my reaction. "You dyed your hair."
"You like?"
"I do, but it's going to take getting used to. Wow." He really looked like a different person.
"Thought it was time for a change." He shrugged. "You look amazing by the way."
"Oh, thank you." I said, momentarily forgetting that we had an event to get to. "Why did you come up? I could have met you downstairs?"
"Felt like the appropriate thing to do." He said. "Ready?"
"Yeah." I stepped out and locked my door before looping my arm through his as we walked to the elevator.

Matthew was waiting for us downstairs and held the car door open for us. We chatted casually about the past few weeks as Matthew took us to the venue. Baekhyun had been doing a lot more traveling as of late due to their newest client. Although he liked the change of scenery, he hoped the visits would lessen soon. He wasn't a big fan of the constant back and forth in a few weeks' time. That definitely explained why I hadn't seen much of him lately. I filled him in on how my mundane life had been going and how I conceded and got back on the dating apps. Well, just one. I was testing the waters. So far, it had been okay, but there had been no one worth going on a date with just yet.

"So who do you think is going to cry first?" Baekhyun asked when we reached the venue, a castle. We walked along the long gravel path, following the signs to the entrance with other pairs of guests.
"Oh, Junmyeon for sure." I said. "That's a given."
"I dunno, I feel like Sehun is going to throw us for a loop."
"But that's the thing, in situations that are supposed to be emotional, Sehun keeps it together because he knows Junmyeon is about to crack."
"Makes sense, but I still think it'll be Sehun." He said. We emerged from the tunnel entrance to a large open courtyard.
"Woah." I was taken aback by the sheer massiveness of the place. There were no special decorations or anything, but the view itself was immaculate. The castle was to the left while to the right was a landing that overlooked the ocean. The rest was a beautiful garden filled with various flowers, lining stone paths.
"Let's take a picture." Baekhyun said. He had gotten the attention of a gentleman before I even realized what he said. He handed his phone over and took me by the hand, guiding me to the landing so we could get a picture together. He placed his hand around my waist and we smiled for the camera. We thanked the man then started for the castle again. "You call me high maintenance yet Sehun and Junmyeon rented an entire castle for their wedding."
"Oh, that's because at the time, you hadn't met Sehun. He has us both beat by miles." I said. He laughed.
"Good to know."

The foyer held a grand staircase that we followed to the main ballroom where the ceremony was being held. There were quite a few guests in the space but we were able to get seats in the fourth row by the aisle. It was decorated beautifully. Crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Wisteria's along the walls. Deep red and orange flowers among white petals gave the room a pop of color, lining the aisle and decorating the arch up front. Lanterns were along the aisle as well, their warm glow reflecting the shiny gold path that was to be used by the couple. It was a very romantic scene and gave me ideas that I could hopefully use one day. Minseok and Anya found us not too long later with their dates, filling our aisle. We chatted idly and at three p.m., the ceremony started. Music played and Junmyeon walked down the aisle first, looking like the Prince Charming he is. He wore a classic black tux with a gold pocket square. His bright smile seemed to warm the room. Once he reached the arch, he gave subtle smiles and nods to those waving at him, including us, but did his best to stay cool for the cameras. They had an entire crew to capture every moment. Soon, the music changed. A little girl in a white dress walked down the aisle with who I assumed was her guardian and sprinkled red and orange flowers in her wake. Then, the doors opened once again and Sehun emerged with his arm looped around his mother's. His tux was all black as well but there was an intricate gold design that was on the left half of it. It was done tastefully and not obnoxious. He looked just as amazing. He kept his eyes on Junmyeon as he took slow steps toward the alter. His mother gave him away with a kiss on the cheek and the ceremony began.