Chapter 14

[Brielle]: Are you working late again?

[Baek]: ...yes?

I rolled my eyes and stood from my desk. I purposely stayed after hours because I had a feeling Baekhyun was going to lock himself in the office all night. It was Friday and he had been staying late every day this week. He was burying himself in work but wouldn't say why. I wasn't going to let it happen tonight. I took the elevator up to his floor and walked right to his office. As suspected, lights were dim as the entire floor was vacant. Everyone else seemed to have the right idea and zoomed out of the office by the time five o'clock hit. I approached his office and saw his lights were on through the frosted windows. I didn't bother knocking, choosing instead to just push the door open. He sat up with a start, staring wide-eyed as I stood before his desk, arms crossed.
"What is up with you?" I frowned.
"Thanks for the heart attack." He frowned back.
"Baekhyun."
"Brielle." Oh. He wanted to play. I turned back to the door to lock it.
"Donny came by already?"
"It was Mary this time." He was looking at me puzzled. Probably wondering why I was asking about the friendly people that came to clean our offices after hours. I saw the realization settle in right before I flicked off the lights. The dim light from the halls along with the light shining from the city allowed me to navigate to his desk. He was watching me intently as he scooted his chair back some. I hiked up my dress and planted myself on his lap.
"You're working too much." I placed on hand on his shoulder while the other went to his nape, gently caressing his silver locks.
"I have to." His voice matched my whisper, eyes flickering to my lips as he licked his own. I leaned in and he met me halfway. It had been a while since we had done anything so it felt new, yet familiar. We nipped at each other's lips before he angled our heads and started to kiss me deeper. His hands travelled up my sides before sliding back down on my hips. He pulled me closer and we both moaned at the friction. This just spurred me on to start moving my hips more intentionally. He responded easily. It was starting to get hot. He pulled back. "I don't have..."
"Shame." I sucked on his lip again. It really was. A shame that I didn't care. I went for his belt.
"Bri-." I cut him off with another kiss. He spread his legs some when I reached in to pull him out. I stroked him slow as we continued to kiss fervently. He thrusted up into my hand. I lifted a bit to move my panties to the side. The grip on my hips tightened, but he didn't stop me. I lined him up and sunk down. He bit my lip. When I hissed, he apologized by running his tongue over it and giving it little pecks. I lifted slowly and lowered back down. He pulled his lips away and his head fell into my neck. I moaned into his ear and he shivered. We found a rhythm and did our best to keep quiet, just in case. "I'm close." He panted, grip tightening again.
"Me too." I breathed. We both seemed to pick up the pace, chasing our orgasms. I came first and he quickly lifted me out of the way and came in his hand. We were both breathing heavily. I was leaning against his desk on my wobbly knees, dress still up by my waist. I grabbed a few tissues from the box on his desk and handed it to him. He thanked me and cleaned himself up as I fixed my dress. Once he tucked himself away, he stood and met me with a kiss.
"Need a ride home?"

We didn't make office sex a regular thing because it was much too risky. I realized the level of risk when one day I thought the office was empty as usual one Wednesday but bumped into Jongin in the elevator on the way back down to my office. I was sure he knew what I was up to by the number of questions he was asking, mainly surrounding why I was in the office so late and on his floor. I could only hope that he wouldn't make a connection to Baekhyun. That was the last thing I needed. But ever since then, Baekhyun and I kept it out of the office and no more questions arose.

It was mid-April when Anya finally got me to go out to the club with her. So one Saturday night, we found ourselves at Lu. A newer upscale club that was filled to the brim with men and women in high corporate positions. I knew this because I recognized more than one familiar face. It made me uneasy because I did not want to "let loose" around people that I may run into in the office. People loved to gossip too much. However, Anya clearly didn't share my same hesitation by the amount of drinks I kept ending up with. It was still early and we were several shots in. I was on my third drink and she had us flirting with a group of men who offered to buy us more drinks. She slipped off to the dance floor with one of them while one that was consistently flirting with me stood much too close and offered me yet another drink. It was getting hard to see straight but I agreed to another regardless. Anya said the purpose was to let go and have some fun and I guess that's what I was going to do.
I wasn't sure how much time passed but I thought my mind was playing tricks on me when I thought I saw Jongin at the bar. My suspicions were correct when Anya returned to me and confirmed it was indeed the new "hot" litigator. She was going to go flirt with him but I stopped her and steered her back to the guy she had been clinging to all night. I decided that I needed to burn off some alcohol and shimmied my way to the dance floor. Hands were on my hips. Bodies too close. My head was spinning. I downed another drink and danced and danced and danced.

It felt like a good night. At least from what I could remember. The rest of it was masked by my pounding head and turning stomach. My room was much too bright for my liking so I pulled my covers over my head and sunk further into the plush mattress. Only...my sheets smelled different. But it was a familiar scent. I gave myself a moment before forcing my eyes open again. I pulled the duvet from over my head and squinted at the harsh light, giving my eyes a moment to focus. It was clear that it wasn't my apartment. It was also clear that it wasn't Baekhyun's. However, it was much too familiar to be some random guy's place. The scent, the gray walls, the black and gold abstract painting that hung on the wall between the large windows. Oh no. No, no, no. I turned to the shuffling I felt beside me and my gaze fell on soft brown locks. I nearly vomited. I got up as quickly as my hangover would allow and scrambled to find my clothes. There was no fucking way. I pulled my dress up and fought to zip it up while trying to not make too much noise. I clearly failed when his head popped up and he squinted right at me. I froze like a deer in headlights. His eyebrows slowly furrowed into confusion before his eyes popped open wide.
"Brielle?" His voice cracked. I just shook my head and looked for my shoes. "Wait." I heard him getting out of the bed.
"No, Jongin."
"Can we talk about this?"
"There is nothing to talk about." I found one shoe by the bedroom door which led me to the second that was across the room.
"Bee-."
"We're not talking about this." I said sternly.
"So we're just going to pretend this never happened?"
"Exactly." I slipped on my shoes and searched for my purse. He was thankfully quiet as I got myself together and practically ran out of his apartment. I would deal with it all later once I was no longer dizzy and on the brink of vomiting.

I was dreading Monday for obvious reasons. Of course, I was thinking about it all weekend, still trying to figure out how I ended up with Jongin of all people. I tried to figure it out from Anya but she was just as drunk and had been too busy with her own escapades for the night to pay attention to me. I was thankful that we at least were both safe for the night, regardless of us barely remembering. I told her I was never going out drinking with her again and she laughed, thinking I was joking.

I saw Jongin on my way to my office as I usually did but he kept his gaze away from me and his mouth shut which was a relief. After mulling over it all weekend, I decided that this was just a blip in the matrix and I was going to pretend it did not exist. I was utterly disgusted and disappointed with myself. I thought I would have more resolve, regardless if I was drunk or not. I had no idea what I had gotten into me but I never would have expected for me to be that weak and desperate. I mean, Baekhyun was right there. I groaned and let my head drop on the table. A few minutes later, there was a light tap on my door before it opened. I glanced up to see the man himself strolling in.
"Good morning sunshine." Baekhyun greeted, setting a coffee in front of me before taking a seat.
"Good morning." I replied. "Thanks."
"Why are we grumpy this morning?"
"I slept with Jongin." I blurted. Just like a cartoon, he spit out the coffee he had just sipped and started coughing.
"You what?" He rasped, trying to gather his bearings. I groaned and covered my face, still not believing it. "Brielle, what the fuck?"
"I don't know. I really don't." I said, shaking my head.
"How did this happen?"
"I was drunk. I don't even remember it happening." I said. "One minute I was drinking with Anya and the next thing I know I'm waking up in his bed." His eyebrows furrowed and he frowned.
"Do you think he took advantage of you?" There was an edge in his tone that made me stiffen.
"No. As slimy as he can be, he wouldn't do that." I said.
"But you were drunk."
"So was he. He seemed just as shocked that I was in his bedroom." Baekhyun still looked skeptical but seemed to relax a bit. "I can't believe I did that."
"Neither can I." He said. "Seems really out of the blue."
"I need whoever is directing my life right now to stop fucking with me." I said, massaging my temple. "You can't be that bored. There had to have been another plot line." Baekhyun laughed and I shot him a glare.
"So did you talk about it or what?" He said. I shook my head.
"I'm just going to pretend it never happened. I don't even remember it so it couldn't have happened."
"What happened when you woke up in his bed?"
"I grabbed my shit and left."
"And he didn't say anything?" His eyebrow went up.
"He wanted to talk but I wasn't having it."
"Do you think...maybe you should have? To clear the air of any expectations or whatever?"
"There are no expectations and I don't need you to play devils advocate right now." I said.
"Say less." He sipped his coffee. "I have to head to a meeting but wanna meet for lunch later?"
"If I don't yeet myself out of this window, yes." I said. He chuckled and waved as he left.