Chapter 5: Rigel

***

Rigel walked towards his tent, with a girl in each of his arms. "You're so funny Rigel!" said the girl on his right arm. She had long brown hair, with light brown skin. She had very pretty green eyes, but she wasn't too smart.

"Yes you should tell jokes in town hall!" said the girl on his left arm. She was blonde with medium length hair, and pale skin. Her eyes were a light shade of brown, and she too, wasn't the smartest. Her eyes widened as an idea came to her. "Ooo... You should become a jester!"

Flashing a charming smile Rigel responded with a wink, "Now ladies, I don't want to share my jokes with just anyone." The two ladies giggled, complimenting him on how clever and charming he is.

When they reached the foot of his tent, Rigel bowed down kissing each of the girls hands wishing them a goodnight. That elicited uncontrollable giggles from each, with many more compliments for his chivalry.

When Rigel stepped through the tent his mother was standing there with her arms folded.

"What?"

"Usually the man is supposed to walk the ladies to their tent, not the other way around."

"What can I say," he responded with a smirk. "The ladies love me." His mother rolled her eyes.

Rigel started taking off his boots and washing his face in the wash bin towards the back of the tent. He felt a tap on the back of his shoulder and turned around.

His mother was looking around nervously. "Have you seen Onyx? I'm worried she's not going to get back in time for curfew."

Rigel shook his head no. "Last I saw her she had a queasy look on her face in the groves. I think it was because she saw me talking to some young women."

"You didn't check to see if she came back with you?"

"Ma, I was a bit.... preoccupied. I couldn't let those ladies walk by themselves."

His mother scoffed. "You are unbelievable. How are you going to 'walk' some aimless girls home—which you didn't even do—but not even check to make sure your sister was sa-"

Shouting outside interrupted their conversation. Poking his head out, Rigel saw 3 men running from the direction of the groves. Upon closer inspection he saw it was Enzo, Neo, and Reno.

Enzo was quite recognizable with his long fiery red hair, braided back, with pale skin and watery blue eyes. He was a good looking man with an average build, leaner than most. He had a very peaceful demeanor, but was a bit dim.

Neo had short brown hair, with forest green eyes and tan skin. He was quite average looking to most women, but was very strong and had an aura of authority. His anger was quick to ignite, but he was also quick to forgive.

Reno was a large booming man, with a thick frame and a thick beard with olive skin. His long black hair was typically pulled back, and his ebony eyes glinted with intelligence. He was a man of few words, but when he spoke his words were powerful.

Enzo was sprinting ahead shouting, "Grab the chief! Somebody grab the chief! Onyx is gone!"

Neo grabbed a rock and threw it at Enzo's head with a *clunk*

"Don't shout it in front of everyone you idiot! You're gonna cause panic!"

Enzo whipped around to face him. "Is now not the time to panic?!"

Rigels mother tried scooting past him to see. "Did I hear Onyx's name?"

Rigel waved a hand at her. "I'm not sure mom, stay here let me investigate." His mom gave him a look. "Don't look at me like that. You know you don't have a good heart ma, we can't have you stressed out. Let me take care of this." She reluctantly sat down.