Chapter 23: Prisoner

Ludo hadn't seen Onyx much recently. She was either too busy training, or Keanu would whisk her away somewhere. It was frustrating. He had a mission to complete.

But there were whisperings of a new prisoner.

Normally he would have been hard pressed to believe it was anything of importance, but he had seen Onyx rushed out of the facility by Keanu and a bunch of guards towards the direction of the safe house.

Now he sat in the dining pavilion eating his lunch lost in thought.

He figured he should try to see who the new prisoner was. Part of him didn't want to rush it and set off alarm. The other part of him wanted to, because if it was another traitor like that uptight rat Mandel and that skinny duck lipped girl Flavia, more than likely the new prisoner would be executed immediately.

He swallowed his food slowly. I'm a traitor.

He pushed the thought from his mind. He had a lot of weight on his shoulders already from the foreman, he didn't need more stress.

Suddenly he lost his appetite.

Pushing back his chair, he walked out of the dining pavilion towards his room. He needed time to think.

As he walked down the long hallway, he spotted Keanu's room.

The door was open a crack.

Looking around to make sure the coast was clear, he silently entered and softly shut the door behind him.

The room was quite bland. He has zero sense of style. Typical. All braun, no brains.

He looked at Keanus desk, and sat on the chair looking at the piles of papers.

Scribbled in messy handwriting was lesson plans for Onyx. It seemed like he was trying to completely train her within the span of 3 months.  So 3 months is when they plan to start making moves. Against whom though?

He continued searching through the papers, but couldn't find a clear target. Well, at least I found out whatever little info I could.

He got up, put everything back the way he found it, and positioned the door back to how it was with no incident.

Ludo was still unsure if trying to see the prisoner was the smartest option, but he knew it was necessary after seeing Onyx's training schedule. They're bound to be speeding things up, especially since they only have 3 months to complete her training. I doubt I'll be rushing anything at this point. Now I just need to figure out where they're holding this prisoner.

He figured he would check the cells in the basement, but he felt like that was too obvious. Plus, they wouldn't have rushed Onyx to the safe house if it had just been an average prisoner. That only leaves one more option. The holding room.

He's only been there once before and that was because he happened to stumble upon it when he was roaming around the facility aimlessly. They immediately kicked him out and gave him a warning.

Now he had to retrace his steps, but he had no idea where to even start. He couldn't just ask a random person where it was, that would draw suspicion.

He tried to imagine where a room like that might be. It was surely guarded, but the guards would probably change after a certain period of time. Maybe if he found a set of guards walking around, he can follow them and see where they go. It was his best option as of right now.

He walked up and down the long halls searching for a set of guards, but he found nothing. He kept searching though. He turned down a corner, and by sheer luck, found 2 guards walking side by side in front of him.