Chapter 24: Home

There was one thought that kept running through Rigel's mind. What have I gotten myself into?

First he finds out he's a dragon, and his sister is part elf, as well as being held by a bunch of dragons. Then he finds out that Cassius is apparently a problem here? And now they want to execute him first thing in the morning and he has to escape without his sister with a random dragon he just met.

Life got real interesting, real quick.

He flexed his wrists as Ludo finished picking the locks on his chains. "How are we gonna get out?"

Ludo rubbed his chin. "I'm not sure. I can't get us out the same way I got us in because then it would be obvious you're missing and they would set off an alarm."

Rigel stared at him unblinking. "Okay..... so what's your plan?"

"Wait let me think."

".....Okay......so what's the plan?"

"Rigel I swear-"

"My mother says it's wrong to swear. Let your yes's be your yes's and your no's be your no's."

Rigel saw a vein pop out in Ludo's forehead. "Ok then. I will strangle you if you interrupt my thinking again."

Rigel rolled his eyes. He sure is using a lot of brain cells right now.

Rigel walked around the room in boredom for several minutes, until Ludo finally spoke.

"Okay, so here's my plan. I'm going to cut through the wall in the back and seal it up. I'm unsure where it leads to so we'll just have to take our chances with that one."

Rigel nodded and watched as Ludo crouched down to the back wall. He rested his hand on it and muttered something in a strange language, glowing lines appearing on the rock.

As the rock crumbled away, Rigel winced at the noise. He hoped the walls were soundproof.

When the rock cleared, they looked down and saw a 10 foot drop below. Ludo furrowed his brows. "We have to jump."

Rigel shook his head. "There's no way I'm jumping from there. I'll be crushed on the grass below!"

"Hm you would...if you were human." Ludo looked at him eyes flickering with amusement.

"Just because I'm dragon, that doesn't make me invincible. I cut my finger once on an ax when I was chopping down trees. It was gushing blood."

Ludo rolled his eyes. "As a dragon you have a higher tolerance for pain, and your muscles and bones absorb shock impacts far better than a human ever could. You can survive this fall. I would show you, but then I wouldn't be able to seal this rock back up. Just jump."

Rigel stepped to the ledge grumbling to himself. This was ridiculous. He would be insane to actually take this jump...

He jumped.

Rigel felt his stomach churn as the ground came racing towards him. Right before he hit the ground, he closed his eyes and braced himself for the impact. He wanted to roll to cushion his fall, but he doubted he had that type of athleticism.

The grass felt like concrete. As much as his body screamed at him, he was still alive. He survived the fall. But his bones ached terribly, and his muscles felt cramped from tensing them up.

He watched as Ludo sealed up the rock, then jumped, landing as agile as a cat. Show off.

"Ok let's go." Ludo motioned.

Rigel followed him down the side of a literal mountain. This is a suicide mission.

Rigel was not nearly as athletic and agile as Ludo, and found himself slipping multiple times on the rocks. He almost fell losing his balance but Ludo grabbed his arm with a smugness that made Rigel want to throw himself off the cliff.