Chapter 10 The big day

"SterPaw wek op. Iht'z teh beg dey!" TobyPaw awoke SterPaw from here sleep. It's the big day! SterPaw realized with joy. She and TobyPaw joined BrightFlower, CrabPaw, and CloudPaw in the clearing. "Iht'z you're hukting asesement twodey! Ihf yel pes, ye'll bi weriers." BrightFlower told them. "New gret sum pri!". SterPaw saw two squirrels run past her and gave chase, catching up and killing them with ease. She ran back to BrightFlower and buried her two squirrels before racing back to catch more. She was now stalking a robin, a big, fat, and juuuicy robin! She then pounced on the robin, however she was too late and it was flying away. It had landed on a rock and she once again stalked it, it noticed her and attempted to fly away but she was able to grab ahold of its leg and began to claw at the bird, killing it. She then saw a hawk on a nearby tree branch. They'll be so impressed that I managed to kill a hawk they'll make me a warrior AND deputy at the same time! SterPaw purred with amusement, eyeing the hawk. She first went to bury her robin and climbed up the tree, being extra careful not to alert the hawk of her presence. She was about to pounce when a noise could her attention. She turned around and saw TobyPaw at the RiverClan border, receiving fish from-SmashedMouth?! She knew they were close but she never expected him to willingly give up fish for a hunters assessment. The hawk overheard TobyPaw and SmashedMouth and began to take off. "NEO!" SterPaw called, jumping at the hawk, gripping its hindquarters with her claws. The hawk let out a loud shriek and clawed at her, still attempting to fly off. SterPaw's grip on the hawk was loosing, but determined not to let her catch go she sank her teeth into its back. The hawk furiously bit at her head, taking a clump of fur from where her forehead star, causing it to look like it had a flesh colored crack in it. SterPaw realized with horror that she was near the end of the branch. The hawk won't be able to carry my weight! SterPaw thought, imagining the painful fall too what she assumed would be her death. The hawk finally escaped and without thinking she jumped into its back, digging her claws into its back to prevent herself from falling, which would be a long way down. As she predicated however, the hawk was struggling to carry her weight which was causing the two to nearly fall. It was pecking and pecking at her but she kept chewing and clawing, even getting hit by its wings once or twice. Suddenly she bit at the joint near its right wing and the world became a whirlwind of blood, feathers, fur, and screeching as she and the hawk plummeted to the ground. They crashed into the rock that she caught the robin at and fell onto the ground. The hawk attempted to hobble off but it appeared that her attacks and the fall had weakened it. She pounced and bit it's throat, the hawk barely putting up a fight. TobyPaw and CrabPaw seemed to have noticed the commotion because they came up to check up on her. "Arg yew elrght?" TobyPaw asked. "Yeh, jost a bet tyerd, dezzy, ank haev a cupl womds Il hev FirePelt chc owwt." SterPaw responded. "Eh ho yer stnkt wes warth iht! Yel culd hev bin krilled!" CrabPaw added. "Om teh pluz sid, I get uz som foob, ank Iht'z a heck no les, wi i'v prectili avrnged evri kht thet fal vectim two em'!" SterPaw bragged, getting up and grabbing the hawk and placing it next to her robin. It was sunset when BillyStar called for a clan meeting. "Tek iht ezi four awiel." FirePelt advised. "I whel." SterPaw responded, joining the other apprentices under the hill. "Cets off ThunderClan, todey al flour of thes apentixes hev pesed there essement and ar new redi too becem weriors." BillyStar announced. "Iht'z ebot tim! I dedn't west mi tlim ceching thet rebit forg nethin!" CloudPaw stated. "Dew yew thri premis to preteect thi clen with al off yer hert?" BillyStar asked them. "Wi deo!" All four apprentices responded. "Then form thes di florward, you el slal bi knem as; CloudFang, CrabClaw, SterShake, and TobyFlake." BillyStar declared with joy. The clan went nuts, cheering, chanting their names so loudly that the TwoLegs could probably hear it from their dens miles upon miles away. Warriors, finally. SterShake thought joyfully.