Chapter 31

Bondita

Pacing back and forth I sighed looking at the clock it was almost midnight and there was no sight of Anirudh ji, I was extremely worried since he wasn't picking up his phone either..

My stomach was rumbling every now and then in hunger but everytime I thought of eating something I felt my stomach churning painfully, he hadn't eaten since morning either, we were just on the small amount of prasad given by the priest..

Taking a deep breath I sat down on the sofa, and eventually without my knowledge fell asleep..

I felt someone shaking me and groaned at the pain on my back

"Bondita? Bondita, get up, sleep on the bed.." I heard his tired voice and immediately my eyes shot open

I looked at him blankly, he looked extremely tired, his eyes were red, hairs were messy and resting on his forehead, there were tension lines still present on his forehead..

Unknowingly my cold hands moved forward and moved his hairs away from his warm forehead and I traced his stress lines with my fingers trying to erase them..

He held my hand and took a shaky breath, I felt shiver running down my spine as his breaths fanned across my face..

But a frown appeared on my face when I smelt cigarette from his breath..

"D..did you smoke?" I asked him in a whisper and saw him closing his eyes and taking a sharp breath he stood straight

And I sat up feeling immense pain in my back and then something leaking through my core, my eyes widened and I looked at the place I was sleeping there were red marks all over gulping I tried to hide it from him but his gaze just so happened to land there..

And embarrassedly I duck my head down..

"Go, change I will take the covers to wash.." he said not looking at me and I shook my head immediately

"I..I will wash them.." I said shakily but he just rolled his eyes and took the covers before I could protest

"Go, change and rest.." he said and walked away

Sighing I went to the bathroom and changed into another dress, but the real problem is I didn't had any sanitary napkins with me right now..

Peeking slowly out of the bathroom I looked around and he was no where to be seen, encouraged I walked out and decided to ask Mumma for some sanitary napkins..

But as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom I heard his voice from balcony and turned towards him, there he was keeping the wet covers on the railing of balcony for it to dry, his shirt sleeves were rolled up and his back was facing me..

"Check the almirah, Bondita.." he said and biting my lips I hesitantly opened it

There in a corner was three packs of sanitary napkins along with hot water bad and chocolates..

I looked towards him again and his back was still facing me, immediately taking one sanitary pack with me I made a bee line to the bathroom

As I came out of the bathroom he was sitting on the couch with a plate of food infront of him, he looked lost in thoughts but as soon as he heard the tinkling of my anklets his gaze snapped up..

"Have food and then have the medicines.." he said pointing towards the plate I walked slowly towards him and sat beside him maintaining distance

"Aren't you going to eat?" I asked him and he raised his brows looking at me before shaking his head