The Beginning

(Side note: Chapters in this story will be on the shorter side.)

A little bit of additional info: After the events of Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens, Ben's parents retained their memories of turning into aliens. This led to Ben, Gwen, and Grandpa Max to explain the Omnitrix and all that's happened.

While his parents were concerned for Ben, they knew they couldn't stop him. They set up some ground rules, like curfews and all that, in order to help him balance his two different lives.

After the Malware incident, and when Ben took off the Omnitrix, Sandra and Carl have become increasingly worried about Ben's mental state. Ben always says he's fine, but his parents don't fully believe him.

Anyway, we open up to see Ben on his way home from school. He is currently kicking a can as we makes his way home. Ben has been attending school for about a couple of months now, so it's in the middle of November.

Ben: 'It's been a little over a year since the incident with Malware. I can't believe I haven't gotten over it by now, especially with what Azmuth said about loss.' He misses the can and continues walking. 'I'm so damn pathetic.'

Ben eventually reaches his home and goes inside. At the moment, nobody is home. Not even his dog.

Ben: 'Weird, Rex isn't-. Oh, right. Mom and dad said they were taking him to the groomers after work.' He shuts the door and takes off his shoes. 'Homework time, I guess.'

Ben trudges his way upstairs and goes into his room. He sets his bag down next to his desk and sits at the desk. Ben takes out a folder from his bag, opening it, grabbing and setting setting down two sheets of paper onto the table. His math homework and his notes.

Ben sighs as he also grabs a pencil and eraser from his bag. Once he had everything, he started working on the math homework.

=============================================================================================

After about half an hour, Ben finally finishes his homework.

Ben: "Finally." He leans back in his chair and sighs. "I hate homework so much."

Ben looks at his bed, or more specifically, under it. He then stands up from his chair and goes over to the bed, before kneeling down and reaching for something underneath.

Ben shoves his arm in, eventually grabbing and pulling a box out from underneath. He opens the box, seeing a bunch miscellaneous stuff. Ben sifts through everything, emptying the box until there is only one thing left in the box.

Ben reaches for the Omnitrix, hesitating for a moment, before grabbing it and staring at the watch

The back of the watch opens up, with Ben jolting back a bit from it. Ben looks from between the Omnitrix and his left wrist for a couple of seconds.