The Bitch

It had been several hours since Ben and Malina have started playing games together, but neither of them seemed to notice the passage of time.

Ben and Malina would taunt and insult one another as they played Mortal Kombat. It was all in good fun, and they both knew that.

Right now, Ben is absolutely schooling Malina in the ways of Sub Zero. Ben is laying combo after combo on her right now.

Malina: "Shit, shit, SHIT!" She's furiously pressing the buttons on her controller. "How are you so good at this game!?"

Ben: "It comes with many years of family game nights." He is calm as he plays. "I also tend to practice whenever I can."

Malina: "Yeah, I can see that!"

After a few moments, Ben lands the finishing blow on Scorpion, ending the match.

Malina: "GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!"

Ben: "Hell yeah!" He nudges Malina's arm with his elbow. "How many does that make it now?"

Malina: "Twenty six to twenty one, your favor." She says in a dry tone. "Just so you know, I've been going easy on you!"

Ben: "Really? Because you screaming "GOD DAMNIT" every five seconds makes that so clear."

Malina: "Shut the hell up!" She punches Ben's arm, with a minimal amount of force. "Just drop it, aright!?"

Ben: "Yeah, I got it." He rubs his arm. "Thanks for not hitting my arm that hard."

Malina rolls her eyes as she grabs another bottle of Vodka.

Malina: "Whatever."

Malina takes a long swig of the bottle, emptying it in seconds. She then throws it into the trash can across the room.

Malina: "I am a bit bummed about something, though."

Ben: "And what would that be?"

Malina: "The fact that you will have to leave at some point." She sighs, looking down at her controller. "I don't often get to play any of my games with anyone."

Ben: "Didn't you mention having a sister? Wouldn't she play with you from time-to-time?"

Malina: "I mean, sometimes. But even when she would, she would never actually try to play. She would just sit there, puffing her damn cigarette smoke in my face the entire time while half-assing the game!" She snarls as she snatches another bottle of Vodka. "She's always such a damn bitch!"

Ben nods his head, seeing how that could be unbelievably frustrating.

Ben then looks off at the bedroom door, thinking about the other demon girls that are currently sleeping.

Ben: 'I mean, one more tagging along wouldn't hurt, right?' He turns to face Malina. "Hey, Malina?"

Malina: "Hm?" She finishes her swig and looks over at Ben. "Yeah? What do you want?"

Ben: "Well, you remember how me and the other girls are all going back to the human realm?" Malina nods, taking another drink of Vodka. "I was wondering if you would like to join us."

Malina chokes on the Vodka, coughing as she sets the bottle down. Malina hits her chest a couple of times, before regaining her composure.

Malina: "A-Are you serious?"

Ben: "Yeah. I wouldn't mind playing more games with you later on. Maybe you could even teach me how to play Heroes 3."

Malina is a bit stunned. Her typically sour disposition, and her drinking habit, tends to keep others from attempting any sort of friendship with her. But for some reason, Ben didn't seem to mind.