Childhood

Growing up, Alexa was always considered the annoying little sister. Her father used to be the most incredible man in her life, he'd teach her about cars, about racing, about speed and about the excitement which only made her love for racing grow. That all changed when he started drinking and becoming hateful towards her, Alex and their mother. Her father would come home every Saturday night drunk af, barely being able to stand on his feet as he would come inside the house.

Alexa and Alex were only children at that time, every night when he'd come home their mother would tell them to go into Alexa's room and not come out until their mother would tell them too... so they listened. They would go into Alexa's room and lock the door only to hear the shouting and crying from the other side. There were times in which Alex would cover his little sisters ears so she wouldn't hear their mothers cries and there were times in which they'd stay hidden under the blanket hoping their mother would be ok.

As they grew older, their dad coming home drunk was a habit, a very bad habit. Soon at one point we finally understood what was happening on the other side of the door and with our parents and we realised that our once called "happy family" was slowly dying.

And so it did, after three months of my dads alcohol addiction he had crossed the line and we knew it was over.

At the age of 12 years old I was all alone with Alex at home due to our mom being at work. Of course our dad was out at some bar and once he came back absolute hell broke.

As soon as he stepped inside the house he started shouting and yelling making me and Alex know what was coming, our father had started threatening me and soon enough went into the kitchen almost tumbling over due to his dizziness from the alcohol and grabbed the first knife he saw (I will not be describing what had happened after since it is absolutely traumatising but since you all know he grabbed the knife I'm sure you can imagine what he had tried doing) unfortunately I was too slow to act and I had gotten a pretty bad cut from the knife on my waist which had left me absolutely terrified.

After that had happened, obviously I had started crying so Alex immediately grabbed me and pulled me into his room, locking the door and started taking care of my cut until our mom came home.

Once our mom came home, our dad was deeply passed out in the living room floor and we knew this was going to be our last time seeing him around.