Street race

Growing up around my father who has basically worked around cars his whole life made me catch that love for the speed.

Once I had turned 16 I desperately wanted to join one of the street races that was happening in a couple months. I remembered how desperately I wanted to get my hands on that steering wheel. I wanted to prove something. I wanted to prove that even if I was a girl, I could beat all the boys asses who were at the race. And that was exactly what I did.

It was a great day. Rumours had been spreading that a street race was happening in a private location. Obviously I had to get in on the game so I went along with my friends. My brother had found out too so of course he came along with his friends including Atlas. It was a weird feeling, after the bonfire I felt the tension grow between me and Atlas with each second passing when we were together.

The night of the race I remember it all. The excitement, the nervousness, the adrenaline building up. I wanted it all. I wore a hot fit wanting to stand out. Green cargo jeans, a white compression shirt and some white sneakers. I was a vibe.

Once we got there, the crowd was huge, there were mostly teenagers. Lots of boys which made me slightly uncomfortable yet I wasn't here for boys. I was here to make an impression. We got out of my friend's car and walk over to the cars prepared for the race. Looking at the cars made me even more excited. There were three cars set up. Three competitive people about to race... it was on

As the others were getting ready I walked over to Alex and Atlas who were talking to some boys. My brother gave me a soft hug and ruffled my hair.
"You're going to be amazing, you're going to kick their butts!" He laughs
I laugh as well and look at Atlas
"You'll be amazing" he says with a small smile (Atlas)
"Thank you" I respond and walk over to the car in the middle that I was racing in. I saw the other competitors get in their cars. Both guys. How great. They were trying to get a reaction out of me with their stupid inappropriate jokes and signs. I flipped them off and turned on my car as I rev my engine. The sound making the crowd cheer in enthusiasm and only making me even more excited.

I saw Alex, Atlas and the rest of their friends whispering with huge smiles. It was definitely about me and I felt prouder than ever.

I watched the girl holding the red flag hold her thumbs out to make sure we were ready. As soon as we all nodded I grip my steering wheel and take a deep breath, watching the girl get ready to pull out the green flag.

As soon as she does, I stepped on the pedal, switched gears and did whatever it took to maintain the lead. I watched the other two boys in my rear view mirror swear as they tried passing by me. No use.

I stepped on my gas pedal and kept my eyes out on the road, my window open, making the air from outside hit my face and make me laugh. The feeling of freedom making me feel alive. My eyes were darting across the track set up that we were racing on. As soon as I saw the curb I used the hybrid method which is a combination of different types of drifting that let me get the bet angle to turn and for my speed to to be precise and not crash. It went perfect.

I saw the boys in my rear view mirror flip me off out their window and I laugh as I stick my head out the window and low them a kiss and flip them off. Oh how I loved being in the lead.

I hit my acceleration all the way and steered my wheel rapidly as I turn the corners and intersections. The smoke left behind making the boys lose their vision on the road and only making them even more angrier as I heard them loudly swearing at me in the back. I didn't care though.

And soon enough I felt myself crossing the finish line and everyone cheering for me as I finished it off with a small drift at the end. Everyone was cheering for me and they clapped and whistled only making me prouder than I already was.

"Shit, she's good" one of Alex's friends says and I laugh.
Alex and Atlas approach me excitedly and my brother wraps his arms around me as he spins me around.
"Told you you'll be great" he laughs and ruffles my hair.
Atlas looks at me proudly with a smirk.
"Not bad Lex, that was impressive" he smiles
I felt my stomach full with butterflies as I smiled.
"Thank you Atlas..." I smile and make a tiny move.
I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek which only made my brother whistle snd Atlas laugh.
"Cut it out" atlas nudges my brother and laugh as he looks down at me.

He returns the favour by leaning down and kissing my cheek... I felt my cheeks burn with love. Shit. I wanted to kiss him so badly. I wanted it right there. Right now. His lips lingering onto my cheek making my adrenaline close to bursting. Making my blood flow through my veins as if it were a waterfall.

As he pulled away I smiled and pat his chest teasingly
"You're a tease" (me)
"Yeah but you love that" (Atlas)

I could only see my brother grinning widely at this interaction. He was oddly happy to see me and Atlas be so flirty with each other. They definitely had some secret plan on making me somehow fall for Atlas... but still, I wanted to kiss him... after that race I deserved a kiss.