First panic attack

They were absolutely horrible, scary and simply awful.

I remember being home alone one day since my mom was at one of her friends house and my brother was out with his friends. I was in the living room studying for a stupid test I had the following day. I've been studying all week, my head was a mess and my mind was spinning with all the information. The stress and the thought of failing got to me, my fingers started shaking slightly and I remember how my heart felt like it was going at 100 mph. I couldn't handle it, I knew it was happening again so of course I called Alex since I knew I could trust him to help me.

As soon as I picked up my phone and called him... Atlas picked up... of course he did. At that point I didn't care who I was on the phone with and I started crying telling him I needed him. I remember saying "please, I need someone here" and then seeing him hang up. I couldn't believe it at the moment that he hung up when I was breaking down completely.

Not long goes by, I'm pacing around the living room breathing heavily, my hand on my chest, my fingers shaking, my heart racing and my tears rolling down my cheek. That's when I see the front door open... it wasn't mom... it was Alex and Atlas. I couldn't help but gasp as I saw them, Alex rushed to me and took me in his arms as he rubbed my back and kissed my head trying to comfort me. I could feel Atlas's gaze on me... not a hateful gaze but a caring one. Alex then let go of me as he went into the kitchen trying to find some lavender for me to smell so I could hopefully calm down. As he did, I felt another pair of arms wrap around me.
"Come here Lex" was all I heard before resting my head on Atlas's chest and falling into his embrace... was he actually caring about me? "No way does he actually care... this has to be a joke" was the only thing going through my head.

Never in my whole life of knowing Atlas have I ever been this vulnerable in front of him. Even after all the teasing, bantering and jokes... I've never let my guard down in front of him. It was weird being this open... weird yet nice. He held me close to him, his chin resting on top of my head. That was the first time he had found out about my panic attacks.