ch. 24

The warm yellow light of the restaurant poured down, and Hui Ji lowered his eyes to look at Tan Bu's lips, which were soft and rosy. He just drank water, and now they were still glowing slightly.

Then the lips opened and gently called his name: "Hui Ji."

Hui Ji's Adam's apple rolled: "What?"

"Your food..." Denbuliu leaned into his ear, whispering like a devil, "It's mushy."

Hui Ji: "!"

Hui Ji hurriedly ran to the kitchen, and the moment he opened the lid of the pot, an unpleasant burnt smell came out of the pot. The large pot of stewed beef brisket was burned into pieces of black charcoal, and was completely destroyed.

Hui Ji: "..."

He stewed it all afternoon, not even wanting to use the pressure cooker, just wanting to give it the softest and most glutinous texture. I didn't expect it now...

Fuck, Hui Ji cursed in his mind, picked up the pot and dumped the burnt stuff into the trash can. He didn't realize that the handle of the pot would be hot after being dry-cooked, until he felt a stinging pain between his fingers, and then he suddenly pulled back his hand. His index finger and thumb were already red.

"Are you burned?" Seeing his big movements, Dan Buliu came over and took a look.

"It's nothing." Hui Ji retracted his hand and tried to cover it up.

Danbuliu took his hand and said in a strong tone: "Let me see."

"You don't mind the trouble either." Hui Ji said impatiently, but in the end he let him go.

In the messy kitchen, Dan Buliu stood less than a step in front of him, holding his hand and inspecting it carefully.

The distance between them was very close, allowing Hui Ji to clearly see every subtle change in expression on Dean Buliu's face.

He seemed a little worried, his brows furrowed slightly, and his gaze on his fingers was serious, unaware that they were closer than a safe distance.

Hui Ji's other hand rested on the side of the stove, and the back of his hand was almost touching the waist of Xian Buliu. As long as he turned his palm over, he could easily wrap his arms around Xian Buliu's waist...

He noticed last time that the waist of Luan Buliu was so thin that he could almost hold it with one hand.

Hui Ji moved his fingers, feeling a little distraught.

"Okay." Denbuliu took a step back, took his hand and ran it under the faucet, "It's not a big problem, just flush it to cool down first."

Hui Ji put down his right hand with some regret and glanced at the side of his waist with unfinished thoughts.

Dan Buliu took Hui Ji and ran him under the cold water for a while. When he saw that the burn was not serious, he asked, "Do you have any burn ointment at home?"

"No," Hui Ji moved his fingers and said lazily, "I just moved and didn't prepare anything."

Decan Buliu: "If you need anything, let Zhou Ming buy it for you."

Zhou Ming is the life assistant that Danbuliu has just hired for Hui Ji and Chi Luyang's college roommate. He has clear and stupid eyes and a fairly reliable character.

"I'm too lazy to tell him," Hui Ji suddenly came over and said with interest, "Why don't you accompany me to the supermarket."

Denbuliu: "Although you haven't become a household name yet, I suggest you keep a certain distance from the crowd."