ch. 25

The boy in front of him has a burning gaze, filled with concern.

Denbuliu looked away and shook his head: "No."

"Is it because Yong Baosheng won't let you terminate the contract?" Hui Ji chased after him and said stubbornly, "Or did he regret it temporarily? Or use other means to threaten you?"

Denbuliu is used to playing the role of protector, and has received this kind of protection from others.

He raised his head curiously and asked, "Why are you so nervous?"

Hui Ji blurted out: "Of course it's because I'm worried about you!"

Worry?

This strange emotion made him a little novel. He looked at Hui Ji seriously for a few seconds, and then said slowly: "You don't need to worry."

Hui Ji became more and more sure that he was in trouble: "Is there anything I can do to help you?"

Daibuliu didn't say anything, and Huiji continued: "I have accumulated some money, enough to pay your liquidated damages."

"No need," Denbuliu finally said, "I have my own solution."

Hui Ji had a sullen face, obviously not listening to what he said.

"I'm not kidding you," Danbuliu looked up into Hui Ji's eyes and said word by word, "I am indeed in trouble, but I have a solution. Don't interfere casually."

What he said was so firm that there was almost no possibility of negotiation.

Like a deflated rubber ball, Hui Ji slowly lowered his eyes.

He had known that Denbuliu would not rely on others easily, but he did not expect that until now, he was still unwilling to trust him.

"Especially don't go behind my back and pay the liquidated damages for me." He said solemnly, seemingly seeing through what he was thinking.

"I know," Hui Ji's voice dropped, and he lowered his head, like a lost puppy, "If you don't let me, I won't do it."

It looks quite pitiful.

Dabu Liu felt soft in his heart and stretched out his hand to rub Hui Ji's head: "Be obedient."

"Oh." Hui Ji's voice was muffled, but he no longer felt disappointed as before. He bent his eyes and rubbed his head against the palm of his hand.

"It's not against you, it's mainly because it's too cheap and you can always win." Denbuliu took back his hand and his eyes turned cold, "He doesn't deserve a penny from us."

...

After dinner, Danbuliu received a call from an unknown person.

The other side seemed to be very defensive, and it took a few seconds before he said, "Does your previous proposal still count?"

"Li Xingbei." Dai Buliu was not surprised. He had already guessed that Li Xingbei would find him again. But he didn't expect that Li Xingbei used an unfamiliar number this time.

"It's me," he asked again, sounding a little anxious, "I want to interview you."

Decadent: "When?"

"The sooner the better."

Decanbuliu thought for a while and said, "I'm at Huiji Apartment. I can go to your house."

The two apartments are next to each other, very close to each other.

"No, it's not convenient at home," Li Xingbei shook his head, "I'll come find you."

It was impossible for Danbuliu to let Li Xingbei come to Huiji's house, so he gave the address of his home and asked Li Xingbei to go there first.