Chapter 3 - "You've changed."

I roamed the whole school.

I now knew the exits and entries. It only really took me an hour and half to check the whole place. The only placed I didn't check were the boy's locker room. I discovered that this school had many activities like football, basketball, and volleyball. Guaranteed, the football team players were the hottest, but I wasn't really interested in any of them.

I am a soldier and soldiers only fight. They don't fall in love.

I was sitting in my room when Penelope excitedly announced that she and Alexander, who I learned was a werewolf, were going on a date. I stressed to her that it would be weird later on if it didn't work out, but she called me a pessimist, which I was, so I shut up.

"What do you think of this dress?" Penelope held the mini red dress as she smiled at me.

With a stone face, I said, "You'll look like a prostitute."

I was only very honest with her because we had been living together for a week, and she got used to my mean and rude replies. A full week of being stuck in this school felt like a whole year. No one was dead, thankfully, but I had a feeling that someone was going to today.

"You are no fun." She pouted, but nevertheless wore the dress.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked.

I was a little bit concerned as I knew Theseus might target them. I didn't know if I genuinely was worried about her, but I tried not to think that I was.

"Don't tell anyone, but we will sneak out of the school."

That's not good news. They're stupid.

"I suggest you don't."

"Why?"

"Have you forgotten that there's a monster killing students?"

"But he is killing in the school, so what is the difference?"

"At least, here there are people around you. The monster won't kill if you guys were around people."

"You're right..." She sighed. "I'll tell Alex to have our date somewhere in the woods."

The worst place, Penelope!

"Yeah, better." I replied, deciding to follow them and keep an eye on them.

Besides, I needed to know whose body Theseus possessed.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Penelope suddenly asked.

"I used to date a guy, but not anymore." I replied.

"Mhm, was he an angel too?"

"Nope - he was a demon."

"A demon!" She shrieked. "Oh god, why would you do something like that!"

"I fell in love."

It was true. I only loved once and it was a demon, one of my Hades' slaves. When he found out, he killed him.

I wonder what Penelope would do if she learned I was a royal demon and the daughter of Hades.

"In love my ass, they're monsters! Besides, you are an angel, you shouldn't have done that."

Penelope judged me.

"It was a long time ago, chill."

She sighed. "Sorry for judging you...it's just that Hades sent one of his goons to kill Ares' father because he worked for God Ares. I think that was why his father named him Ares."

Oh...

"What was his name?" I asked.

"Elias Angelo. He was an Angel."