Chapter 15 - "I am the queen of hell."

MAKARIA

I lied.

I did leave hell a long time ago. I eft hell twice, one to Earth and one to heaven, specifically Olympus.

And it was all because of Eros.

The first time I had met him was in Olympus. I had sneaked out of hell with the help of Cerebrus because I was too curious about it.

Eros had been guarding the gate as it was one of the many duties he had. He was not a guard, but he liked to do it from time to time because to him, a prince needs to give it all or give nothing.

Bullshit.

He was alone and till this day, I was glad that he was because I didn't know what Zeus would have done if he had found out that I was at his "heaven."

Eros was charming, he greeted me with his dazzling smile and sparkly eyes. He had it all and he knew it so well.

At first, I was grumpy and ha d a scowl on my face, until he showed me how sweet he could be, and I thought that maybe, maybe he was different. Different than all angels and gods.

But I was wrong.

He was just putting on a show for his friends.

I didn't know at first. He would always visit hell and Cerebrus would let me meet him secretly despite the many warnings he gave me.

I gave this bastard my first kiss in 900 years and to him, it was probably the millionth. It was only when I left to meet him on Earth after a couple of years to "being together," that he showed me his true intentions.

He acted as those weak humans, going down on one leg and proposing to their lovers. He did the same, but I later understood his intentions when his friends came out of hiding and laughed at me.

Eros joined them too.

It was just a game to them.

That was the first time my heart got broken. The second was my mother's death.

Eros stood in front of me with all his glory. He looked at the crowd, waiting for some applause and fans running up to him, but luckily and thankfully, no one acknowledged him.

Which resorted him to look at me and open up a conversation in front of everyone.

"Makaria, my love..." He confidently said as he stretched his arms as if he's asking for a hug.

All I did was ignore him. Eros is the kind of man who had an ego larger than Zeus' figure. I didn't want to increase it.

"Oh, are we still fighting?" He pouted like the loser he was.

I didn't reply.

"I didn't mean to prop-"

I cut him off by using my powers and melting bones. It could never kill him but at least he would be in pain.

He screamed and shut up.

"If you're the prince of heaven, then I am the queen of hell. Respect Me!" I yelled at him, waiting for any moment for Zeus to come down or even Aphrodite.

But no one came.

"Do you know what I can do to you?" I asked.

"If you want to do something, you would've done it already."

"You're right." I said. "I waited for so long."

I summoned Cerebrus and sent Eros to hell with my powers.

He just vanished to thin air.

Of course, he could leave hell whenever he wants, but that would only be if Hades hadn't seen him first.

Besides, not even Hades could do anything to Eros, but I wanted some action.

I sighed in satisfaction. I have had always wanted to send Eros to hell, just to taste and smell death.

"Who was that?" Ares asked as he walked toward me.

"Are you kidding me? That one Eros, son of Aphrodite!" Maia answered, excitedly. "He is so beautiful."

Ares rolled his eyes and glanced at me, still waiting for me to answer him.

"She's right."

"But I don't understand, why did you send him away?" Penelope asked.

"Do I need a reason to send an angel away?" I replied, nonchalantly.

They all nodded in understanding. Ares was about to say something, but Gloria cut him off by announcing the end of the break.

We went back to classes, and I couldn't wait till they finish.

When I was back at my room, I couldn't help but think of my mother. The black rose that I had received laid in the cup full of water, so that it stays alive.

I knew that my mother's followers never die. She used to always decor her room with them, and it always keeps me wondering as to why she loves them.

The love of black colors run in the family, but still, black flowers as well?

I once heard her saying that they could heal almost anything, but I didn't believe it, but maybe she was right.

All of a sudden, the red compass started flashing. I immediately held it in my hands and followed the directions it was giving me.

I wanted to call Ares, but I didn't have time. I didn't want the light to go off. It was giving me directions as if it wanted me to find something.

It took me to the ground floor, where the cafeteria was in. Then it took me to a wall, a literal wall. There was no door or anything, but the compass was urging me to go further.

I didn't know what to do, but I knew that there was a secret door.

Before I could do anything, a voice stops me.

"Makaria?"