Chapter 8 - "I feed on torturing doomed souls"

MAKARIA

I got played. Mainly by Zeus.

The best soldier in Olympus and the underworld got played, could you imagine?

The whole school now turned against me and all of them now knew who I was. Because Penelope refused to be in the same room with me, Gloria had to give me a room by myself. I was elated, honestly. I hated staying with someone in a room anyways.

Theseus' sentence kept playing in my head.

Betrayal comes from the ones close to you, Makaria.

Who did he mean? I had only two people that were somehow close to me, and they were Melinoe and Hades. My family.

Could it be one of them? And why?

I couldn't believe that either Melinoe or Hades would let Theseus out, especially after what Theseus did to my mother.

Walking to my next class, all eyes were on me. Those who glared, who admired me, and those who didn't want me there like Ares and his group.

"You bitch! How dare you stay in this school!" A girl's voice called out, pointing at me.

I had never seen her before, but she looked like she wanted to visit the underworld way too soon. I was gladly going to grant her that, though Zeus made me promise last week not to touch any of his goons.

I ignored her and continued walking to my class. The room was empty since Gloria gave me a new schedule for basic classes as they don't have anything or anyone to teach demons lessons, not that there are any lessons to be learnt.

I sit on the only chair available in the middle of the room and a man walked in, placing his books on the table.

He looked to be in his 50's - white hair, smooth forehead as if he just did Botox, brown eyes, and thin lips.

He looked like he was about to die, and I itched to make it sooner.

"Hello, dear. My name is Robert Queen. I will be teaching you lessons of archery and math."

Even his voice sounded dead.

"Sure." I said, crossing my lips in front of me as I smirked at the old man.

"What is your name?" He asked, picking up the marker and writing "Today's Lesson: Archery" on the board behind him.

"Makaria."

He stopped what he was writing and turned to look at me.

"You look younger for a 900-year-old demon."

"You know of my age."

"I do. Zeus gave me an extensive summary about your life before he practically begged me to teach you."

"Begged you, ha?" I smirked, liking this man already. "I am young because I feed on torturing doomed souls."

He just nodded. "Let's start with the lesson, shall we?"

"We shall."

***

The lesson was amazing. Learning about the history of archery was surprisingly astonishing. I didn't think I'd even like to hear the word archery, but here I was listening to Mr. Queen being the best storyteller he was.

I did sense that he was a descendant of Homer. He did have Homer's humor after all.

Homer was an ancient Greek storyteller. His stories were letter written and published even in the recent world. I have read two of his books, Odyssey and The Cyclops. They were interesting.
I remember when I had to learn more about Cyclopss because I was sent to kill one. Of course, Poseidon waged a war on Hades to protect his children and his descendants.

I found it interesting that Poseidon was willing to go to war with the underworld just because of that. He had many children, so was did this certain cyclops hit his nerve?

Well, it turned out that this Cyclops was the son of Poseidon's at the time true love.

He broke up with her not long after for being a traitor.

Anyways, I can continue the story at another time. Ares and his goons were glaring at me, but I didn't have time to argue with them. I had to find how to break the curse of the school to go back home.

Besides, I get easily attached to things, and I definitely didn't want to get attached to these stupid people and this stupid school.

Earth was overhyped and overrated.

I ordered my food, found an empty table to eat at, and summoned a ghost to converse with.

I chose Ares' father.

Not going to lie, I was curious about Ares and his family. I also wanted to know if he had forgiven me for killing him. Maybe I could make it up for him.

'Why would you summon me of all people?'
Elias Angelo was smart. He knew why I summoned him, yet he wanted to play.

'I am bored. Entertain me.'

'Never.'

'Let's make a deal. Tell me about Ares and I'll send a message from you to him.'

I was doing something that I had never done before. I was negotiating with a ghost.

It was forbidden. Unacceptable. Prohibited.

Hades hated that and I was prisoned once for a year in my room for going against him.

But he couldn't do anything to me now. He had a deal with Zeus and vice versa. I could do whatever I wanted.

'You're lying.'

'I am not. Besides, you should start talking. People are looking at me thinking I am a crazy person.'

'You are a crazy person. Crazy enough to summon me.'

'And why is that?'

'Because I will not do what you want.'

'Please. I need to know.'

'Leave my son alone.'

'I am not going to hurt him. Besides, Zeus made me swear not to touch any of his minions.'

At this point, everyone in the cafeteria was looking at me with judge-y eyes. Ares and Alexander were whispering about me. I could hear them. What's amazing was that they knew I was speaking with a ghost.

It's not really amazing. Anyone could know I was speaking with a ghost. It is not rocket science.

'Fine but promise me you'll deliver my message to him.'

'I promise.'

'Okay, so...'