Chapter 4 - "He has a dog!"

MAKARIA

"I knew it!" Hector looked at me with distaste.

"What is a demon doing here at Olympus High?"
I rolled my eyes as I scoffed, my mask immediately fell off as I got back to my original self.

"It's funny how a centaur is demanding questions from me." I had said, making him glare daggers at me.

"Zeus would never let you inside this school! How did you sneak in and what are you doing here?!" He whisper-yelled.

"You'd go crazy if you knew," I replied, knowing Hades was going crazy at that moment.

I wasn't scared that Hector might tell anyone at the school because he wouldn't even remember this conversation in minutes. I could sense Zeus from a thousand miles and I knew he was going to erase the Centaur's memories.

"You know, you're too stupid for a centaur. I wonder who your parents are." I said with a smirk, making him angry.

"You're just as I expected, like every demon." He spit.

"Please, do not compare me to Hades' goons, I am much worse."

Hector looked at me as if she realized who I was but before be could say anything, Zeus appeared.
Hector's eyes widened when he saw him, making me roll my eyes. Without saying anything, Zeus waved his hand in front of Hector, making him faint.

"Be careful next time." That was all that Zeus said before disappearing like always.

I glared at Hector's body before deciding to pick him up and take him inside.

As much as I hated everyone in the school, I didn't want anyone to be killed, at least not unfairly.

I dragged Hector's body to his dorm and knocked on the door.

George opened the door, looking at me before his eyes landed on Hector's body.

His eyebrows furrow in confusion as he takes in what's happening.

"What the hell happened?" He asked.

"He fainted."

"Hector? Fainted? Impossible." He narrowed his eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I swear!" I used my "innocent" voice.

He immediately bought it. Stupid.

He held onto Hector's body and laid him on his bed. He then looked at me with an apologetic look. "Sorry, it's just Hector's never fainted before."

"Centaurs hate blood, that's why he fainted."

"Oh, right! Thanks, Diana."

"Anytime." I smiled and left their room.

On my way back to my room, I stumbled upon Ares and Alexander: a werewolf.

I didn't even know why such creatures exist, especially vampires and werewolves. I mean, vampires are demons, which raised the question of why Zeus excluded demons and not vampires from this school.

Okay, maybe because demons are rebellious and hate Zeus, but still, they were both kind of "evil."

"You still didn't get back to your room?" Ares asked with a skeptical look.

"Hector fainted, so I carried him to his room," I explained.

Alexander and Ares laughed as if they didn't believe it.

"Fainted? No way." Alexander chuckled.

"Go ask George." I shrugged before walking to my room.

Penelope was sitting on her bed, reading a story.

"The Hidden Spell," it was called.

Looked like something she would read even though she wasn't a witch.

Fairies were kind of similar, maybe that's why.
"I am still mad, you know." She had said.

"About what?"

"You guys ruined my date."

"Well, technically Ares and Hector did."

"Why were you all even there?"

"I wanted to make sure you guys were safe because I don't know if you forgot, but there's a monster, who has been killing the students."

"Aww, you were worried about us?"

"Correction, I was worried about you. Alexander, not so much."

"That was mean."

"I don't care." I shrugged as I lay down on my bed.

* * *
The next morning, I woke up to the news of another murder. Theseus had struck again and this time, it was a freshman girl.  A young girl, can you believe it?

I was surprised actually because he didn't only kill a girl, but an angel.

Now, I know what you might think. Demons hate angels, so what's wrong with him killing her?
Well, demons, especially ancient ones like Theseus, could take powers from angels, which makes them die, but their body evaporates.

This girl, however, was killed. Murdered.

Which makes me think that it wasn't Theseus. It could be a werewolf who hasn't shifted yet and killed the poor girl accidentally. Or any creature who lost control over his or her powers.

Either way, I had a feeling that it wasn't Theseus.
We were all gathered in the main hall. Principal Gloria stood behind the podium and announced the student's death just like the first day I came here.

What I found weird though, was that Gloria was telling everyone that another student died when it should have been kept in secret.

Why would you worry about the whole school?
I did understand that she wanted them to be careful, but wouldn't that create a mess?

We went to our classes. I had a history class with Ares, Phoebe, and Hector, whose memory was as good as new.

No memory of what happened whatsoever.
I sat beside Phoebe, while Ares sat beside Hector.
I didn't like Phoebe. She had a resting bitch face, which didn't sit right with me. I don't appreciate people looking at me that way even if it was her personality.

"Okay, everyone, today we will be learning about Hades and the underworld!" Mr. Roman said, causing everyone to 'woo' at him.

I had a scowl on my face because Hades was everywhere and it was annoying.

"Now, tell me, what's one thing you know about Hades?" He asked everyone.

"He has a dog!" One guy answered sarcastically.
I got mad. No one speaks about Cerberus that way.

He was my favorite creature, so I spoke up.
"He wasn't just a dog, his name is Cerberus and he could kill you with just one fang."

Everyone looked at me weirdly as if I sinned.

"Good job, Makaria, that's correct." Mr. Roman awkwardly said. "May we know who's your source?"

"I read so many books before. Can't remember where I read that line." I shrugged, trying my best to convince everyone. It seemed that it worked on everyone but the Centaur.

Fucking Centaur.

"Anyways, let me show you a picture people drew of Hades millions of years ago.

Mr. Roman pulls up a picture of Hades on the screen.

The photo he put was the only one where I looked like him.

Maybe that was why Hector's eyes were fixated on me.

I think Hector was going to be a problem.