Chapter 7 - "Hey, Theseus, do you know me?"

MAKARIA

"I am telling you! She's lying." I heard Ares' voice from behind the door.

He was in my dorm room, talking to Penelope, and I could hear another person inside as well.

"Why would she lie?" Maia asked, her mermaid voice is captivating even without singing.

"Maybe she's the monster?" Ares replied, hoping someone would believe him.

"I feel she's lying too." I heard Penelope reply. "I mentioned how the only way out would be going to the underworld, and she didn't bat an eye. It felt as if she didn't mind...as if she had been there before." Penelope explained.

'Apologies, Hades, but I have to do something about it!'

Makaria, don't!

I opened the door and all three turned to look at me, panic spread their faces as they thought they were caught, which they were.
I smiled at them as if they hadn't been bashing me a few seconds ago.

"How long have you been there?" Ares asked with narrowed eyes.

"Long enough to know that you three suspect my character." I replied, looking at my undone nails. I had always painted them red, but ever since arriving at this school, no one was willing to do them for me.

Imagine me doing them myself! I scoff.

"Is it true, then?" Maia asked.

"What's true?"

"That you're lying."

She's too pure to be here, Zeus. Take her out if you can - Oh, right, you can't, but I do.

"It is." I sighed, looking at the three of them.

Ares' face formed into an 'I told you so,' face.

"The only thing I lied about was that I knew who the monster is. Zeus sent me here to find him."

"I don't believe you!" Ares growled, using his beta werewolf voice.

"Well, I would tell you that you can ask Zeus yourself, but I know he's too much of a coward to come down here." I replied, shocking them, but as soon as the words flew out of my mouth, a loud voice erupted in the skies.

Lightening.

"Oh, he heard me. Good." I smirked.

Makaria, stop it this instance!

"Anyways, believe me or not, that's your choice. But we have important things to do, like finding the killer."

"Who is he?" Penelope asked.

I contemplated whether to tell them or not, but I figured that they deserved to know, even if Hades and Zeus didn't agree with me.

"You must know that you cannot tell anyone outside this room." I said. They nodded their heads, but I knew that Maia was going to tell Alexander and Ares was going to tell Phoebe, whom I saw kissing him this morning outside of his dorm.

"He's a demon. His name is Theseus."

"Theseus! He is not a demon. He's a warrior!" Ares exclaimed.

"He used to be. Hades turned him into a demon and prisoned him for eons. Theseus was rumored to be one of Poseidon's kids."

"How could Poseidon agree to turn his child into a demon?!" Penelope asked.

"Theseus was once a good man but became power hungry that he tried to revive Titan and kill the big three, but that's not the issue now. Theseus took a lot of power from Titan. He's so powerful and has the blood of a god. Hades only turned him into a half demon."