Joshua's POV

Her arms wrap around my neck hard, hanging on. I feel her nails digging into my back.

"What's the magic word?" I tease her as I feel her heavy breathing against my neck, her cheeks brushing against it.

"I'm not gonna say it-" she says, slight fear now showing in her voice too.

"Mmm, nothing to lose for me." I grab her hands firmly from off my back and hold them in front of her, her back now against the cold railing.

"OK FINE, PLEASE. PLEASE LET ME GO."

"Please? Who the fuck said please was the magic word? This isn't kindergarten."

"Wha- Then what do you mean?"

"The magic word starts with the letter 'd' and end with the letter 'y'."

She looks confused for a while but then puts 2 and 2 together.

"NO."

"Your choice." I say, smirking, letting one of her arms lose.

Her legs' grip around my waist grows even tighter.

She sighs hard. 

"daddy" she says, feebly.

"I can't hear you." 

She glares at me.

"Daddy."

"Now, say that a bit louder."

"AEOANFHEMUIABÆ DADDY GODDAMNIT" She screams at my face, her face turning red from the cold.

"Good girl." I  back away from the railing and put her arms back around my neck.

She grips me tight as I carry her back inside.

When we reach the ground and I close the door to the balcony with a goddamn giant sloth hanging on me, she finally lets go off my neck and loosens her grip of my waist and I let her unmount me.

"YOU FUCKING HORNY ASS FREAK. I BET YOU GET WET DREAMS OF SCOOPING OUT PEOPLE'S EYEBALLS. YOU FUCKING PERVERT! THAT WAS THE MOST RANDOM THING EVER I BET NO ONE WILL EVER INTENTIONALLY CALL YOU DADDY AND YOU'RE JUST MAKING UP FOR IT." She hits me on the chest.

"tsk tsk, making all the same mistakes over and over."

She then goes quiet and side eyes me from the sofa. She shifts uncomfortably on it as I sit right next to her and turn on my phone.

Ladies and gentlemen, Joshua. Making mafia members uncomfortable since I could talk.

My phone beeps with a message from my best friend, Coby.

Well, former best-friend.

I haven't talked to him since I discovered my ex-girlfriend, Celia making out with him like she'd seen tofu made from Johnny Depp's sweat. 

'hey' he types for a while, 'ce-ce broke up with me man'

I can't help the smile on my face. I ignore his message and put the phone down.

"All right, I'll be going now." 

"Oh, you finally read the room?" she says sarcastically, rolling her eyes at me.

"I'm still gonna get my revenge from you trying to uppercut me. Next time." I close the doors after a glimpse of seeing her shoulders loosen. I walk to my house in the pale purple light of the rising sun. 

I pick up my phone and re-read the message Coby has sent me.

I remember the day I came back from work to find my girlfriend in my best friend's arms.

I had gone to work, left at 11 PM, and come back exhausted from all the work I'd done.

I had opened my apartment door silently, afraid to wake my girlfriend up. I hung my coat and washed up, I opened the bedroom door just as carefully, to find Coby on top of a very red and drenched in sweat Celia.

In my anger, I had set fire to her closet and punched Coby. His tooth had come flying out and hit Celia on the nipple. She hadn't talked to him for a few weeks after that. She had to tried to apologize to me. I replayed the scene in my head.

She was sitting on my new apartment's couch, black leggings and a shirt that said 'Pink Floyd'. I bet she couldn't name 2 Pink Floyd songs. Her long blonde hair was tied up in a bun to hide the fact that she probably hadn't washed it in some time. Her makeup was running down her cheeks along with her tears. She smelled like laundry detergent. I don't know why I hadn't noticed she was a whore before I started dating her.

Which reminded me the guts she had had to ask me out and then continue to cheat on me with my best friend while I was working hard. To some extent. Except for the time she reserved to take her OnlyFans and FeetFindr pics, she was sitting on her ass all day.

The one woman I had dated that made me look like I had bad standards.

"JOSH, I SAID I'M SORRY! PLEASE."

"..."

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT, COBY SAID THAT YOU WOULDN'T FIND OUT."

"ARE YOU SORRY YOU CHEATED OR ARE YOU SORRY I FOUND OUT?"

"I WAS GONNA TELL YOU, JOSH, I SWEAR BABE."

"OH, WERE YOU GONNA TELL ME THAT BEFORE OR AFTER YOU GOT MARRIED AND HAD 5 KIDS THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE INBRED?"

She gasps.

"YOU KNOW WHAT, I'M DONE WITH YOU." The fucking audacity she had.

"YOU'RE DONE WITH ME? I'M DONE WITH YOU."

She looks surprised every time I tell her that, of course, her attention span of a toad would be the reason.

 "just- just get out of my house."

She gets up and takes the box of Spaghetti-Os she'd gifted me for my birthday along with her. Cheap ass hoe.

I was happy to have her leave my life at the end, but for some weeks after that day it had taken me a lot to get up in the morning.

Skyler's POV

Just before he left, he'd gotten a message from someone, he had smiled at it and gotten up to leave.

Who could it be?

A girlfriend? His mom? His sister or brother? Does he even have siblings? What is his life at home like? 

Is he the creepy loner cousin? He definitely has the potential to be. 

I walk to my bedroom and sit on the bed. 

Let's do some research on you. I turn on my phone and open my text messages.

"Hello, Kristin."

"heyyy skyee what's up"

"I need some info."

"I got you. give me a name or an adress."

I type in the address since Joshua never mentioned his full name. 

"babe, this dude's background is really messed up." Kristin replies, a few minutes later.

Well, this is gonna be fun.