XVII

Skyler's POV

'What are we even gonna do when your friends, the mafia here, aren't attacking us? Do we just sit at home all day?'

'Well, I didn't really have a reason to beat the shit out of Tomer and I didn't plan after that, so I guess, yeah.'

'Well that's boring, I thought you had a whole ass plan to attack the mafia and take everyone down and burn up the city and-'

'You think I'd let you assist me in doing all that cool shit?'

'Puh-LEASE, I'm basically carrying this team.'

'Yeah, sure you are.'

'You know, there's a party at the society club tonight.'

I stare at him with my eyes wide and full of fear and he rolls his eyes at me. I would assume he'd kind of gotten the point that I'm not the biggest extrovert when he'd asked me if I wanted to go shopping with him when Kris had drawn on my bag. I had stared at him like a maniac until he finally told me he'd go and get it himself.

'No. I'll just sit at home.'

'Well, I don't want to. So you can do whatever you want, but I'm going.' He, on the other hand was a full-blown extrovert, weekend parties and all.

'I'll just sit at home and drink some wine and watch something, maybe.'

'Oh, nonono, no alcohol for you.'

'COME ONNN. PLEASEE.'

'Why can't you just come to the party with me? There'll be wine there and I can keep a watch over how much you drink.'

'NO, I'M NOT GOING.'

'I'll deal with this in the evening then.'

I pout but go back to cleaning the cabinets.

'You know those cabinets are already clean, give yourself a break, woman.' I ignore him and take out the Kleenex wipes.

Joshua's POV

'IT'S EITHER YOU WEAR THE DRESS OR YOU GO THE PARTY NAKED.'

'BUT I DON'T WANNA GO TO THE PARTY AT ALL.'

'I DIDN'T ASK, NOW PUT ON THE FUCKING DRESS IT'S NOT THAT HARD.'

'AAAEAEAAEAAAAAAAAAÆAAA' she shouts.

'Come on, quickly. I don't want to be THAT late.'

'Joshua, don't make me goo.' She climbs off the bed and latches onto my leg.

'Ok, you know what, ditch the dress and wear a nice top and then we'll go.' She thinks for a while then goes through her closet and starts changing. She comes out of the bedroom, wearing a blue off shoulder top and grey pants. She stares at me angrily.

'Skyler.'

'What?' she asks annoyed.

'Go take off the pants and put on a skirt.'

'But-,' I glare at her. She goes back to the bedroom and I hear the sound of hangers crashing with each other. She comes out, a moment later, wearing a jet black skirt that ends a little above her knees and fishnet tights. I smile at her. 

'Let's go.' I get up and she runs at me right before I start walking towards the door and jumps on me. I get knocked back onto the armchair from her speed. She wraps her arms around me.

'Pleeaaase don't make me go.' She gives me the fucking puppy eyes.

'Fine, what do I get in return?'

'Huh?'