XXIV

The doors open and he's standing right there, but with his back towards us. I nudge her with my elbow and she stands beside me before he turns.

'Hey! Here you guys are! Come on.' We follow him into the hallway and a very large, expensive house by the looks of it. We go straight to the dining room, he doesn't bother giving us a tour of the house. It's a really big room, there's a long table, 8 seats on either side and two at both ends. The table is set for all the seats, though there are only three of us. Frank sits at the most important-looking seat at the head of the table, me and Skyler sit face-to-face around him.

'So, long day today, huh?' He breaks the silence while people serve us food.

'Yeah...' Skyler replies.

'So, back to where we were, how did you two meet?'

Skyler looks at me nervously. I start explaining.

'So we met uh- around the city, I was just exploring it, and she was, well-'

'I was trying to find some idiots to practice on.' Franks nods at Skyler approvingly.

'We started hanging out, then, one day, uh- see, some of your men, Tomer's men, attacked us.' He nods. 'Yeah, so I started helping her out, with some of this stuff, and I asked her to move in next to me-'

'Yeah, yeah I don't care about that part.' He puts his fork on the table, 'what's going on between you two?' Skyler looks at the chandelier hanging from the ceiling, developing a sudden interest in it.

'Your daughter calls me da-' I feel her sneakers on my leg, a sad attempt at a kick. Frank runs out of patience. 'You two are dating aren't you?' Both of us speak together, a mix of confused yeahs and some mhmms.

He laughs. 'That's fine, but you do anything to my daughter-' he points his butter knife at me, 'I will have your head off.'

'Daad, come on-'

'I'm just kidding, I know you wouldn't do anything like that, Joshua!' He pats me on the back, but side eyes me. 'Still-'

'This steak is amazing, who cooked?' Skyler changes the topic and Frank rolls his eyes. So that's where she inherited that. 

I try to finish my food as quickly as I can to get out of here. More awkwardness accumulates inside the room every passing second. I finally finish everything on my plate. I wait until Skyler and Frank do too.

'I'll be going now!' I wave at him as he gets up.

'Already? Well, have at it, I suppose.'

'Alright, thanks for the dinner, Frank! See you in the morning.'

'Good night, kid.' He slaps me on the back and I leave the room. Skyler has a weird family, and I've only met one member. He's somehow dryer than a shriveled rose.

I walk out of the apartment and get in the lift, but a hand stops it just when it almost fully closes. I press the button inside to open the doors. Skyler comes in, with an irritated expression.

'He just asked me if we've kissed, or had sex.'

'What did you tell him?'

'I told him no.'

'Wow, that's the lie of the year.'

'It's not that big of a li-' I look at her, raising my eyebrows. 'Fiiine, what else was I supposed to tell him? That I've been in the bed of a man who I met a couple months ago? You haven't even properly proposed to me yet.' 

'Well, will you be my girlfriend?' 

'You're supposed to be on one knee, idiot.' 

I get down on one knee. 'Will you be my girlfriend, Skye?'

She acts like she's in thought, 'Took you long enough.' On my way up, I grab her by the hips and pick her up. The elevator doors open and I open the lock to my penthouse with her still grabbing onto me for support. The door turns open and I don't bother turning on the lights. I close the door behind me and put her against it, pinning her to it.

Even though it's dark, I can see her looking at me with those stunning hazel eyes. I would have her bent over right now if I could see her face as she unbuttons my shirt slowly. I pull her face to mine, she runs her cold fingers through my hair as I trace her soft lips with mine. She pulls away to inhale, but I pull her right back. Our breathing gets heavier, her fingers go down to my stomach, feeling my muscles. I pull her hair downwards, kissing her neck as she struggles to stay silent, letting little whimpers escape.

'Joshua-' she says in a soft voice. The way she says my name makes me want to do things, things like spreading her legs apart and making her beg for me. She reaches for the light switch and turns the lights on. I suck on the skin of her collarbone as I move to the nearest chair. She pushes me away. 'You really took that seriously, huh?'

I smirk, 'That's definitely a yes.'

'No shit, Sherlock.' She looks at me, smiling, looking into my eyes. I look at the red and pink marks starting to appear in her skin.

'You look so hot right now, I want to carve my name on your forehead.'

'Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Hmm, maybe I HAVE gone soft.' She fits her head horizontally in the space between my neck and my collar, my hair wrapped around her fingers as she twirls it at the back of my head and her legs closed around my waist. 

I chuckle, 'You slut.'

'Don't ruin it.' 

'Fine. MY slut.' I feel her lips twist into a smile on my neck. 

'Carry me to my apartment.'

'I haven't even fucked you yet, are your knees already jelly, Skye?' 

'Just take me, I'm really tired.'

'Well, I'm tired too.' She removes her head from my neck and looks at me, eyes gleaming. 

'Fine.' She puts her head back on my shoulder and closes her eyes while wrapping her hands around me for support. I get off the couch and walk to my bedroom. I put her on the bed. She opens her eyes.

'This isn't my bed.'

'It is now.' I get in bed next to her and hold her by the waist as she sleeps.