It's Getting Way too Crowded in Here!

"My head hurts..." I groaned, thumping said head on the desk.

The library had gotten a lot of upgrades since I had helped out when we first arrived at the estate. The number of shelves and books, for one. The kobolds had left most of their things back at there village, they were in a hurry to escape, after all. But there were more than a few suborn old book lovers that had insisted on packing up at least some of their collections, and copies of those books and scrolls had been made to add to this collection.

But it wasn't just the books. Some crazy smart monster or Demi-human had convinced the builders to get a fireplace in here, and it, as well as the new cozy chairs and desks had made this room one of my favorites in the whole estate now. I figured a fire place in a library would be bad for the books, but I was told that Reihekiu- who had taken to teaching magic to those with an aptitude, as well as becoming the resident blacksmith- had performed some spell on the thing so it wouldn't result in heat damage, nor would ash and soot get on the works.

Still, the up-do did nothing to improve my current mood.

"Barring some kind of high level magical interference, I am quite sure you are incapable of getting a head ache, Lady Enna." My torturer said, amused smirk firmly in place on his handsome face.

Margund, The goblin king himself, had made it his personal mission to get me up to date on everything he knew about the monster races that were to be present at the up coming summit. Apparently, the moment he heard of it, he decided that it would be best if we went together, despite the fact that it meant that he would have to travel for twice as long. 

So, I have been in study hall hell for the last three days. Tomorrow we would be on our way to the harpy's lands.

"Aren't you supposed to be protecting me?" I asked Lagdon, the younger brother of my torturer. He stood several feet away, skimming though some titles. He couldn't fool me, however. He may know how to read, but I knew for a fact that his least favorite place to be was here. He hated studying more than I did. "Where is your sense of loyalty?" I sighed, rolling my head slightly so that I could glare at him without having to pick up my head.

"You're fine." Lagdon said, shaking his head and disappearing behind a shelf. Like a freaking traitor.

"I thought you wanted to learn this?" Laughed Margund. He was slightly shorter and slimmer than Lagdon, but he always carried the air of an older brother, and especially that of a king. It had been that way, even before they had evolved to hobgoblins. Though, technically, Margund had evolved into the rare subspecies of Goblin Lord. It suited him well, as it was essentially a more regal type of hobgoblin.

"Learn, yes. Though Cram School? No way." I said, picking up my head and glaring down a rather good drawing of an ogre. It was detailed but lacking color, so I could not see the vibrant skin colors the race was known for.

According to my trauma inducing studies, Ogres were a peek evolution of a small, nearly blind, race of cave dwelling monsters known as Gremlins. But Ogres were about the opposite of that. They were as big as the hobgoblins with skin colors ranging from bright reds, deep blues, or even lime green. They had a variety of horns, usually inherited via the maternal line, and sharp, pointed teeth.

They seemed like a really interesting race. Margund had told me that it was the Ogres and the Harpies that were the apex races when Aeros ran things. I found that odd, given I had been told that the goblins had been Aeros' favorites. But, apparently, they were the favorite in that Aeros thought they were amusing, and their subservience to him was desired. Essentially, harpies and ogres were the jocks and goblins were the teacher's pets.