Day One of the Summit

Despite the hassle of the night before, I would have taken another confrontation with the aggressive ogres over this mornings activities. Mainly, having to get ready for the summit.

I had been set upon by Brixie, Luxana, and even a very enthusiastic Yevette, at the crack of dawn. The ladies had taken it as their personal responsibility to make sure I was 'adequately dressed' for the summit. From what I could tell, that basically meant that I was to be used as a doll once again.

Brixie had a heavy chest brought into my room just as other hobgoblin guards were just finishing packing up what had been set up in there already. True to her word, Yevette had chosen new rooms for us to stay near by, where the halls were not as cramped. So, while I was getting dressed up, Lagdon was supervising the move and inspecting the area for potential dangers, leaving Draxly and Brillum to guard me, along with Brixie's guards and a select number of hobgoblins. Clearly the arrival of the Ogres had set Lagdon's over protectiveness into overdrive, making him assign an abundance of guards.

Even if I wanted to complain, I didn't have the the time or opening to. Before I had time to slip out of the bed, the ladies had already dragged me out, and Brixie was removing outfit after outfit out of the chest. I saw various versions of my signature copper robe, as well as several dresses, suits and who knew what else. How all that copper, white, and bronze colored fabric fit with in the trunk, I had no idea, but I was impressed.

Brixie and Yevette seemed to be dressed in finer cloths than I had seen them in yet, so I felt I had no room to argue this time around. Though, Why I could not pick out my own cloths, I had no idea. Clearly this was just another case of me being too much of a pushover. It made them happy, and I would feel bad telling them to stop when it wasn't like it was an inconvenience or anything, just frustrating and a little smothering.

Between them all I was dressed in a silky copper robe, longer than what I usually wore at about mid calf. It was embroidered with copper vines along the hem and the long, draping sleeves. It looked like a cross between a night robe and a kimono. Coupled with an elaborate copper head piece that seemed to be an approximation of my strange branch like antlers when in my "god Form", I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be going to a summit or going to bed.

"Stunning!" Beamed Yevette, she, herself, dressed in a dress of thick fabric and a myriad of feathers that trailed past her clawed feet, as well as a very large beaded necklace.

"This seems so unnecessary, especially given I am more of an honorary guest then an actual participant." I sighed, smoothing a hand over the silk in appreciation. Those kobolds really had a knack for textiles, I had to admit.

"It is never unnecessary to make an impression, Lady Enna." Stated Brixie, reaching down and straightening out one of my long sleeves. She was dressed in a robe as well. Hers was of a more traditional design in a flattering green hue. I recognized it as being very similar to the very robe she had fist gifted me when I came to this world, though this new one was now sized for a foxmen, rather than the foxkin she had been at the time.

I remember Brixie had worried at the time that the silken fabric may never be available to the foxes again, due to the animosity between them and the goblins. The very fact that she and I were draped in the silk on available in the caves of the goblins now, was proof of our new found alliance. 

I smiled at the tangible evidence of the fruits of my efforts in bringing the people of this realm together.

Escorted by Lagdon, a harpy male introduced as Zypher, and the foxmen Oren, we made our way to the building set to be used for the summit.

I hadn't seen Oren in quite some time, not since I had moved to the Estate at least. He was a man with mousy brown hair and fur, as well as a stern face marred by a deep scar stretching from his right eye to his chin. He had originally been Brax's bodyguard, but now served under Elder Brixie.