Fartha Wind Weaver

Fartha, one of the three old land gods I had encountered just after I locked Mittens into his grumpy cat body, was a large white bird with mottled brown and grey feathers mixed in, as well as a pair of extremely striking orange eyes. I could remember her quite well, though I had to admit that I had not thought of her too often since the last time we had met.

I could always sense her, of course, on the edges of my awareness, just as I could Citrine the large white stag with the golden gem in his forehead, and Gouldar the swampy giant. Their powers as land gods may have been lost to the machinations of Aeros as well as the ravages of time, but they were still old powers in their own rights.

But, had I really put much thought into what she or the others had been up to since that fateful day in the Dark? Not really. I had simply assumed that they had returned to the homes they once held, as they had requested. I knew that Fartha resided here, in this mountain range, but I had not realized that she lived so close to Talon's Pass, much less that she was on speaking terms with none other than one of the elders of the harpies.

Much like everything else that I managed in my territory, I had been sending Fartha and the others their fair share of my energies as well. I had tasked them as being my eyes and ears in these farther reaches of my domain, and figured they could use all the juice they could get now that they would not be getting much- if any at all- from their former charges. 

But, if truth be told, i had not expected much. Maybe my view of other gods had been skewed due to my interactions with Aeros, but I had mostly just figured they would go where ever they wanted and so long as they didn't cause any issues, I'd let them be.

Still, according to Yevette- as she guided Lagdon, Brillum, and I toward the massive bird's roost- Fatha had returned to Talon's pass almost immediately after my encounter with her in the Dark. Once here she had immediately made her presence known to the harpies, and confirmed rumors the feathered monsters had already been hearing, that a new land god had arrived.

"We had been ecstatic to see Fartha once again." The older woman explained as she led us through the city streets, taking back roads to avoid the majority of the festivities.

 Kishi had stayed behind when Yevette explained that we would be taking measures to scale the sides of spires and the like, seeing as how Fartha made her roost far above everything. My guardian had not been pleased, but understood all the same, and begrudgingly stayed behind to keep an eye on Brixie with Draxly and the others.

Yevette had also given Lagdon the once over and stated that he might not be able to take the lifts up to the top either, given his muscle density. To that, my hobgoblin growled that he would free hand his way up before he allowed me to venture off to meet with a powerful entity with out him there. The older harpy has simply laughed and stated that she would enjoy watching that.

"Our old god had vanished when Aeros claimed all these lands for himself." She continued. "And we had thought her dead. To think that she was in the Dark this whole time." She shook her head sadly. "I may have foolishly entered those swamps in my youth a time or two, but I am sure many others would have as well had we of known she was there."

"I suppose I never really considered how much of an influence the old land gods still had." I stated, accepting Lagdon's help as we ascended some stone stairs in need of heavy repairs. It seemed that the harpies might have tidied up the city for the summit, but they did not bother to keep the ancient human made city in good repair. Its not like they lived in the place, after all.

"It was all long before even my time, Lady Enna." Yevette laughed, employing her wings to get from one floor to another. :"But, yes. We harpies were the only truly intelligent race that Fartha had under her rule when she first became the Land god here. Later, humans and the ogres came along, bringing with them their waring and disharmony..." She sighed, looking upward where I could see a rather rickety looking platform being lowered.  "When Aeros arrived he drove off the humans- or killed them- and then the ogres mainly kept to themselves."