Chapter 9 - Can't be bothered

Author's note:

Thank you for the votes and comments from last chapter. And thank you for patiently waiting for this chapter! I really appreciate it. So without further ado, here's chapter 9 for you. Enjoy~

-Kim-

Chapter 9 - 

After my "attack" to my ex-pack, my mood have incredibly brightened up. I know that it was childish, but then again, who cares? All I want is revenge, and I'll make sure to get it in every way possible.

A big grin was stuck to my face all through out the day till nightfall. Nothing can bring my mood down, not even the sight of the faces of the people I hate the most. In fact, once I entered the meeting place again, I was graced by their worried faces. It took all of my willpower to keep my poker face on and not smirk because that would make them suspicious as to what I'm up to.

With a slight bounce to my every step, I made my way towards our seat, aware of the hundreds of eyes watching my every move again. I don't plan to be violent tonight, unless I'm provoked of course, but I did promise my pack members that I would behave (fingers crossed). 

Some people were mumbling nasty things about me but I tuned them out and tried to eavesdrop on the conversation between the idiots - oops I mean my ex-pack - and the council. Their every word were said in hushed whispers, careful not to let anybody know that something is wrong or else Axel and his pack would be humiliated in front of the other packs because they weren't able to catch the intruder even though it was already 10 pack members against 1. Suddenly, I heard Axel slightly raise his voice.

"It's not my fault that the intruder escaped! How many times do you want me to say this before you can understand that?!" Pfft. Looks like he is really pissed off for him to raise his voice against the council.

I saw one of the elders shake her head, with her lips in a thin line, hinting that she's about to snap as well. "Do not ever raise your voice against us or I will personally make sure that you regret doing so." 

Axel and the rest of them bowed their heads in submission. He may be the macho man of this town, but the council have the power over him. 

"Forgive me elders. It wasn't my intention to disrespect you. I am just frustrated and worried about this attack. The intruder was skilled and powerful, which is something a rouge shouldn't be. He had no scent as well, and everything about him screamed dangerous. If he was to attack us again with reinforcements, I'm worried that we won't be able to hold out against them." Axel's voice sounds really upset, and even if I somehow pitied them for being so foolish, I only did one thing. 

I laughed.

Instantly, their heads snapped up to look at me. Some of my ex-pack even had the guts to glare at me which was really funny. I just flashed them a bright smile which infuriated them even more.

"Is there something funny, Alpha Saira?" One of the elder asked.

I shook my head with a chuckle. "No no no, don't mind me. I am just very happy today." Eyebrows rose up in question over my answer.

 "Very well." The elders moved away from my ex-pack and indicated for them to sit down on their places. Resignation and shame was evident on their faces, and I have a good guess as to why.

Atrum, the head of the council, cleared his throat. The noise died down instantly but he hesitated a bit before speaking. "Today, the Light pack was attacked."