Chapter 7 - Daddy Dearest

Saira's POV

If the matters at hand were not really serious, I would have bursted out laughing when everyone's jaw practically dropped to the ground on my challenge. It wasn't really in my immediate plans to wage war against them but I can't hold it in me for too long. I want to settle this once and for all. No matter what would be the cost.

The tension surrounding the whole clearing was so thick you could cut it with a knife. No one dared to utter a single word and all I could hear is the thumping of the hearts of the people present. I can feel fear and nervousness coming out on waves from my ex-pack as they all turned to look at their Alpha. I also turned to stare at him and as if sensing my gaze, he returned my stare as well, the only difference is that his wolf seemed to be fighting to be in control as his eyes were flickering from his usually emotionless black eyes to his wolf's striking yellow eyes.

Our staredown was broken when someone cleared their throat from behind me. I turned around and found Harold staring at me and Axel with an unknown emotion. With a heavy sigh, he looked at me in the eye.

"Are you sure about this?"

I gave him a small smile and turned around again to look at Axel. "Yes I am."

"May I know the reason? And I want to hear the real one." He asked.

I slightly shook my head without turning to look at him. "Perhaps I would tell that to you privately. For now, just know that I am not waging this war just because of personal reasons. I wouldn't sacrifice my pack's safety just to get my revenge from them. If I were to seek that revenge, I would do it by myself without any of my loved ones involved."

"Then tell us the reason why you are doing this. It is unfair that you would suddenly want to start war against us. We are not prepared and we do not see any sufficient reason for you to do this except personal hatred towards us. We will lose our loved ones in this war Saira. Whether we like it or not, if the battle really does happen then we can't do anything but fight back. Please don't do this." Axel was almost close to begging and I could see beads of cold sweat forming in his forehead. He wanted to avoid this at all cost because he know that he won't win against my pack. I smirked at him. 

"I don't care. I don't care that your pack is so weak and that all that mattered to you is to maintain your pack's image before that you forgot to train them properly. I don't care how many will be killed in this war. Call me heartless, a bitch, a slut or any other names you want but nothing can make me change my mind. The only thing you can do now is accept and fight me or be a coward and run away with your tails between your legs. Be careful with what you choose Axel." I smiled a cruel smile at him before strutting out of the stage and towards my beta. 

He was shaking his head at me but I can see a hint of a smile in his lips. I couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped my lips as I looped my arm in his and dragged him to get the hell out of this cursed clearing. Well I planned to do that but someone slid in front of us, blocking our way out and I noticed some people surrounding us. Well, well, well. It looks like I won't be waiting for that war to come to see some bloodshed. 

I looked up from under my eyelashes to look at the figure who dare block us and surprise surprise! It's none other than my daddy dearest.

"Yes, Daddy?"  I asked in a sugarly sweet tone. He was so shocked that I called him daddy once more that his eyes started moisting as he stared at me. He nervously gulped and shooked his head and motioned something to somebody behind me. I didn't dare to turn around because as the famous saying goes, "Never turn your back to your enemy."

"Saira...I beg you. Don't start this war against our pack. We loved you with everything we had and there are reasons for everything we did before. You are and always will be my only daughter, my own flesh and blood, and no matter what you do I cannot hate you and I definitely cannot fight you. I know that you hate us because we treated you like a...slave...but we didn't mean to...I- I- There's not enough reason to justify what we did but we are sorry. I am so sorry. I am so sorry Saira." Tears were continously falling from my father's eyes but all I can do was scowl at him. 

I must admit I am quite shocked that he would do this in front of others since I know that he is a very prideful man who wouldn't dare bow down to anyone. And when I thought his words were already shocking, what he did next made me freeze on the spot.

My father dropped to his knees in front of me as he reached out to grab my hand. My whole body became numb as my emotions went crazy. I was shocked, confused, angry but I somehow felt pity for them. Pity? What the hell? How can I pity this people when all they did was look down on me?

I hastily pulled my hand back and stepped back away from my ex-father. "Don't forget how cruel they were to you. How they treated you before. Don't forget how your mate rejected you. Don't feel any pity for them. They are pathetic. Pathetic." My conscience is right. I shouldn't feel pity for them. They are worthless and pathetic people. They are no family of mine. I shook my head to clear my head from the weird thoughts that are popping out. 

"I remember myself once doing the same thing as you are. Begging. Begging for you to understand what I was going through. I have just told you that time that Axel was my mate. You froze at where you were standing and slowly looked at me with fiery anger in your eyes. You called a liar. That there was no way I am his mate. Do you remember what you did to me back then? No? Then let me show you to help you remember." I drew my hand back and let it swing with my true strenght and backhanded my father in the face. A small cry of pain escaped his lips as he fell to his side due to the force of impact. I kicked him once on his stomach and spat on him.

"That was what you did to me. That was the last time you ever laid a hand on me because I left after that. No words can describe how painful it was to have your own father beat you up." I sidestepped his body that was crouched at the ground and continued the walk to exit the clearing, this time, without anyone blocking my way.

I stopped for a bit just as I was about to exit to say something to the people who were obviously watching my every move. "In case you don't know, everything my Daddy said was bullsh*t. He seems to be getting better at acting now." I let out a humourless laugh. "Own flesh and blood my ass. How can I be your own flesh and blood when I am the daughter of your wife from another man?" 

I didn't wait for any reactions on the bomb I just dropped and just started running towards the hotel to finally get some rest. Thank God the day is finally over. 

But I was definitely not ready for what happened the following day.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Yay I uploaded again! I just thought of writing today and here it is~ Your votes and comments are deeply appreciated!

Please Vote and Comment for faster uploads! Thanks a lot! 

-kim-