Chapter 2 - Hello, we meet again

Chapter 2 – Hello, we meet again

Saira’s POV

I drag my suitcase with me in a slow pace wishing all the time for something to happen so that we could not continue to that meeting. When we finally stepped outside the familiar scent of Florida, my body went stiff. Memories are begging to be out and the pain is seeping into my heart once again. I blocked everything and focused on myself.

I can’t let the memories come out… I can do this… I can face them again… Because I am not the pathetic me before anymore… I won’t be weak... I won’t….

I felt myself being shaken and I slipped away from my own world.

“Hey Alpha! Why are you just standing there? Come on we’re already late to the meeting! We’ll just drop our things at our hotel rooms and then go at the meeting already!” Jex, the pack advisor told me. I nodded and let them lead the way as if I’m unfamiliar with the place. I can’t let them know about my past. Not yet. Because I know that tonight, anything could happen. And that includes my secret being spilled.

As soon as we arrived at the hotel, a bellboy took our things and promised to place them at our rooms. Apparently, he is a werewolf and he told us that the meeting would start any time soon and that we should hurry to the location right now. So we ran towards the meeting place.

Cavin, my other companion, and beta of the pack, told me that the place would be a very big clearing in the middle of a forest near the hotel. He also told me that most of the wolf there would be male, only a few were females. I remained silent at that one. I was used to being inferior to male. A certain someone from my past always make me feel like that. But tonight, I am equal with them. I am Alpha. A proud and brave female Alpha among all the dominant and selfish male Alphas present in there. Including him.

Jex also reminded me to keep my temper in check. He said that they wouldn’t want any casualty to happen tonight. I just chuckled at that one but agreed nonetheless. If only he knew how bull that is. I can’t promise not to kill him once I saw his damn face.

Once we neared the clearing, Cavin and Jex shifted but I stayed as a human. I won’t give them the privilege to see and ogle my wolf once I arrive there. I know that they would be expecting me. Too much expectation in fact. So I would shock them when I shift later on.

The two werewolves looked at me curiously but I just shook my head and gestured for them to lead us forward. They ran in a medium pace so that I could move in the same pace. I kept my senses in high alert for any danger or traps nearby. To my disappointment, there’s nothing.

As we got nearer, I could feel power radiating from the clearing already. It’s still a mile or so but I could feel it strongly already. Jex and Cavin started whimpering lightly but still continued running. I praised them in my head.

That’s my boys. Never backing down from anything.

‘Of course.’ They answered smugly at the same time. I chuckled at them.

‘We’re almost there. Prepare yourself Alpha.’ I didn’t answer him but he knew I’m ready. I immediately made my face business like and scary. I’ll finally meet him. After all these years, I’m finally setting our deal.

I can hear a speech going on just ahead of us. We’re finally here. God, my nerves are killing me! I don’t know if it’s because of excitement or if it’s because of my anger waiting to explode. Ugh, I officially hate these nerves.