Chapter 10 - Busted?

Author's note:

So sorry for the wait but here's chapter 10! Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it! Enjoy~

-K.R. Evangelista

Chapter 10 - Busted?

It was as if time stopped for a moment after my brain processed what he had just said. My heart skipped a beat, before beating normally like there's nothing wrong going on. My poker face is still on, and no matter how shocked I was with the revelation, my body didn't portray what I was feeling.

Complete and utter shock.

It was so mind-numbing and I don't know what made me suddenly burst out laughing, my laugh actuallly sounding like it's because of genuine amusement.

"What are you talking about?" A smirk painted my lips, perhaps I was just really happy that I quickly thought of an excuse to block his accusation.

He shot me a pointed look. "You may think that I am dumb at times but I'm not. It seems you've forgotten that as an Alpha, my senses are much better than that of a normal wolf."

I pretended to be shocked. "Wow who knew there's a working brain in that head of yours, I thought it was just full of air." Sarcasm and venom was dripping from my words as I sneered at him.

He shook his head before stepping closer to me, to which I responded by stepping back further away from him.

"I like my personal space, thank you very much, so stay away from me."

"Stop trying to change the topic, Saira. We both know that your mate has a special umistakable scent, and I am 100% sure that it was you who knocked me out this morning. I caught your scent all over the pack's territory as well."

I tried hard to think of more excuses but my brain isn't working properly. Add my stupid wolf to that who was practically drooling at the sight of her shirtless mate and bingo, I have a massive headache going on. I'm in some deep trouble if this idiot tells the council that it was me who tresspassed this morning.

"I'm not going to tell the council about this." I whipped my head so quick to stare at him, and I saw that he was staring at me as well with a weird expression on his face.

"You have nothing to say anyways, 'coz I'm not admitting to anything." Hell will freeze over first before I admit anything to him. Besides, it wasn't my first intention to attack their pack, I was just running  - or more like snooping -  around.

"Saira..." Before I knew it, I was in the arms of the man I hated the most in this world. His hold on me was so tight that if I was not a werewolf, my bones would have been broken already. I was paralyzed by his actions and it seems my brain totally shutted off as I laid limp on his arms.

I wanted to get out of his hold, but a very tiny part of me wanted to stay there forever. My wolf's emotions were running rampant as well, she was so happy that our mate is touching us. And when I should feel disgust for him, I was feeling admiration instead.

And it terrified the hell out of me, more than anything else in this world.

He was quiet for a while, just nuzzling my hair and neck but I felt him sigh as if preparing for the speech he was about to say.

"I'm sorry. I never got the chance to talk to you since you arrived and now I want to apologize for everything. I know I've hurt you in the past, I know I've done horrible things to you and I don't have any excuse for my actions. I want to explain everything to you, but right now my hands are tied as well. I cannot say anything because I'm afraid that it would cause more harm to you-"