Chapter 6 - Liars

Hello everyone! After a veryyyy long time I finally had the heart to write again. Because of your very positive comments, I decided to continue on with the story. Remember, the more comment I receive, the faster the uploads. Thanks a lot! 

-kim-

Chapter 6 - Liars

Saira's POV

I ran and ran for a few minutes as I forced myself to calm down. Acting like that would do me no good. I need to control my temper if I want this night to go smoothly without any unnecessary deaths.

As I made up my mind to go back to the clearing, my mind is already racing through all the possible answers to their questions. I need to be ready to lie my ass off in there because there is no way in hell that I would tell them the truth.

The hardest question would possibly come from the elders because they know who and what I really am. Well I can say that I don't know why I look like that. Ugh. Obviously that won't work because I'll only sound like an idiot and an obvious liar.

I decided to shift to my human self and of course I'm nude so I started looking for the clothes that I dropped on the way here. I already predicted this coming so I prepared those clothes. Funny how this night is turning just how I thought it would.

Except for the part of killing Axel...

Ah yes of course. I haven't killed the guy, yet. I'm sure his time would come very very soon but right now I need to work my way out of the questions awaiting me. His death can wait.

I calmy, and slowly might I add, walked the rest of the way back to the clearance to stall as much time as I can. I already mulled over some plausible answers. They would do for now. Because I am very sure that no matter how hard I hide my past, and the truth, they would still discover it. In time.

As the trees started thinning I know that I am close. And the voices of several people arguing can be clearly heard from where I stand. Curiousity got the best of me so I hid behind a tree and eavesdropped on their conversations. It won't be long before they catch my scent and know that I am close so I might as well make the most of it.

"How can she possibly be the a Legendary wolf without you knowing huh Trent?" I recognized it as Harold, one of the highest ranking elders in the council. Silence was all that can be heard after his question to my father, but I'm guessing the question was directed towards my whole pack. It was common sense that a pack, especially its Alpha and the family of the one who shifted, to know what they look like or even in some cases, like mine, know what powers they hold. Wolves with powers are treated with high regards on a pack because they are a big help especially in times of war.

I peeked from behind my hiding spot and saw my family's head hung down in shame. "I...I don't know about it Harold. We weren't there for her first shift because there were some rogue problems we had to tend to and her brothers were in school." Liar. What a big bunch of freaking lie.

They were there at our house, pretending I wasn't calling for help while I was shifting. They were supposed to be there for me, telling me soothing words to help lessen even a little bit of pain from shifting. But they ignored me no matter how much I screamed for them. I closed my eyes and curled my hands into fists at my side. I seriously need to calm down again. They really had the nerve to even lie at this point. Well I guess if they are telling the lies, it wouldn't hurt for me to reveal a little bit of truth, right?