Chapter 7: Some truth be told

Le continue the drama: This is me from now on- (/0-0)/

____________________________________________________________________________________

Edward's POV:

*Before he found you*

I was staying at Hughes' place while still awake. No one was home except for me. The family had to visit their relatives because of some wedding. Al was at the military library again and told me to take a break.

I used this time to straighten my thoughts of (Name).

The house phone rang but I suspect it was a family member or a friend of the Hughes' so I ignored it. After 21 calls I stomped towards the ringing object.

"This is Edward Elric the Hughes' are not at home!" I snapped by accident.

"Oh thank goodness Ed you finally picked up."

"Wait Shinoa, how did you know I was here?"

"No time for that, can you go find (Name)? She's been taking forever at the 24 hour convenience store and I'm starting to get worried. I'm in the middle of a serious cooking situation that I can't let go of-"

"Okay I'll find her." I hung up immediately, wrote a note and left.

*Previous time*

I almost dropped her when she said those three words. But unlike Winry, my chest started to thump 60000 miles per second and I felt happy for some reason.

The question is, do I love (Name)?

I rotated my head to peek at her sleeping face. Good thing the military hospital was still opened or we would've been screwed.

"Oh my these are serious."Said the nurse. "I'll come back in ten minutes to patch up her injuries."

"Hey miss, can you tell me what was this?" I showed the 5 stones (Name) was carrying. "She said is was her blood but they turned into stone."

The nurse's mouth hung open and closed slowly. "This has never happened before. Let me report this to Roy Mustang."

When she left us some privacy, I took her hand without knowing.

"(Name)." I began. "What you've said to me, can you please say them again soon?"

I wanted to hear her say the sentence one more time because I realized,

I love (Name). This was the reason why I told her to stay here while Al and I go search for the philosopher's stone. I wanted to protect her. I wanted to protect her so badly but at the same time, I want her to come with us. I want (Name) to stay beside me at all times even so, I know how selfish this is.

I lifted her back hand so it was facing me and I kissed it. I flipped it to the other side so I could kiss her palm.

"No matter how bad your past is, you'll wake up and face them. You're a tough one (Name). I know you are." I mumbled in her palm.

Reader's POV:

It was morning but I didn't open my eyes. I just knew it was morning which means  that Edward is preparing for his adventure.

But to my surprise, he was sleeping beside me. And when I mean that, he is literally SLEEPING BESIDE ME!!!!!

I held in my screams and stared for a long time. He had a peaceful face and still had his hair in a braid. I tried to get up but winced when I felt a pain at my sides. 

Seems like I woke him up but instead of saying "U-U s-sorry I accidentally fell asleep beside you." like in those shoujo mangas, this guy was completely different. We were lying down, facing each other and he caressed my cheek where the scar man hit.