three

y/n hurried out of the auditorium after chorus. it was bad enough that she was in the alto section and nanami and the rest of the guys were in the tenors. in the corner of her eye, she could see him, gojo and haibara making jokes, yet managing to know all their parts. y/n had no problem learning the material. hey jude, a song by the beatles, was their song for the school's upcoming fall performance. good news for y/n, she knew the song since she did it last year at her old school; it was her favorite. 

she walked into the music room and sat in the last seat of the middle row. y/n took her phone out and opened up her instagram app. upon noticing she had a notification, she clicked on it.

@nananamimi started following you. 

"aren't you gonna press my follow button too?" nanami leaned over y/n's shoulder, making her jump a little. 

"fucking ass, don't do that."

"press it." 

"NO!!"

nanami leaned forward and pressed follow anyway, completely ignoring y/n's words. y/n told her inner self to remember to unfollow. nanami takes the seat to her right as class began. the professor walked in and directly pointed to y/n, staring at her. "you're the new student. the one who wants to intern at a record label. what's your name?"

damn, word travels fast around here. y/n thought to herself.

"hi, i'm l/n y/n."

"well y/n, you came at the right time. we have recently started a project for this class. as you know, this is a year-long songwriting class so we won't be sitting around twiddling our thumbs." the professor cleared her throat and looked at the clipboard she was holding. "class, you will be collaborating with someone on an EP. i have already made groups and they will be permanent. y/n, since you're new, i figured you could inspire mr. nanami next to you."

"fuck," she whispered. y/n slid down in her seat and crossed her arms.

nanami grinned as he knew he could use this opportunity to get closer to her. it amused him, watching her sulk and groan. but nanami was a good writer and he didn't plan to let her do all of the work. plus, it'll give him time to get to know y/n which he does want to do. since she's going to spend the rest of the year with him and his friends, he might as well. 

the professor went through the rest of the groups and then proceeded to hand out papers regarding the project. "the first semester is about writing the songs. i need 4 songs written and recorded, all of which must feature both of you partners. the second semester will be to promote the songs and perform them at the end of the year. is that clear?"

the entire class nodded in sync as the professor continued instructing them. "i want you guys to have a general idea of how you're going to go about the project by next class. however, that's on your own time. today, we'll be looking at some basic theory."

nanami glanced over to y/n who was still slid down in her seat. he poked her shoulder once. when she did not acknowledge him the first time, he kept doing it. he felt her body tense up as she got even more annoyed each time he poked her. nanami couldn't help but laugh as she sat up and gave him a death stare. 

"may i help you?"

"you. after class. my place. to talk about this project so that you're not forced to see me tomorrow." nanami replied with a bright smile. 

y/n sighed deeply. as much as she wanted to go home and sleep, she knew that the smart thing to do was to discuss about the project with nanami. 

"fine, but if i fall asleep or get tired, it's your fault. you're interrupting my afternoon nap." y/n grumbled. he chuckled and went back to paying attention. she smiled at him and looked at the board to take notes.