eight

nanami sat down in his usual seat in advisory next to haibara. he didn't say much but he did look at his phone the entire time. for the past two weeks, nanami has looked at the photo of y/n's conversation with this unknown number. he analyzed everything from the way they typed, to the punctuation, the timing and even the way he took the photos of her. every angle was taken into consideration. his heart hurt, knowing that y/n needed his comfort and protection right now. nanami wanted to stop it all. this week was different from last week. something didn't feel quite right.

"yo, guys. when is the music video coming out for your song?" haibara asked, glancing to each of them. nanami stayed silent. he didn't feel like speaking to anybody today. y/n sensed that he was in a bad mood and decided to answer instead.

"it's releasing today. plus, a bunch of other people have different promos so our professor figured that we should just have an assembly to do it all."

"oh? we skipping class? i like the sound of that." shoko grinned.

"what do you think, kento?" haibara shook his friend's shoulder, but there was no response. the blonde-haired boy just stared out the window, ignoring their existence. haibara took it that he just didn't want to interact so he talked to shoko instead. gojo looked at nanami, then to y/n who directed her eyes to him. she shrugged her shoulders in confusion. she knew as little as gojo and she was not going to take the blame for something she didn't do. gojo stared at nanami with worry, his gaze was still fixed to the window.

nanami heard his phone vibrate from a notification from his phone and he opened it to see a message from UNKNOWN.

UNKNOWN: check your window. 

UNKNOWN: i'm at your window :)

nanami's heart was uneasy after reading the message and he checked the surroundings outside the window. his eyes landed on a tall man wearing a red goblin mask standing in a unnerving stance outside the gates. he squinted his eyes as he caught a glimpse of a knife that the man was holding. at one glance, nanami knew he was the man that had been stalking y/n. rage flared in nanami's eyes as he looked daggers at the culprit who was ruining y/n's life. 

"... nanami. NANAMI!!!" a voice yelling in his ear affected his focus and he turned his head around to see his friends crowded around him. 

"are you even listening to us? what's so interesting outside anyways?" shoko glared at him while crossing her arms.

"can you guys shut up for one-" nanami mumbled but he stood up instantly in breakneck speed, which startled the rest of them. he turned his head around to face the window, and...

the man was gone.

without hesitating, nanami opened the window in a hurry to try to spot the man. his eyes searched everywhere near the college's buildings, but it was like he vanished into thin air. he struggled to conceal his shock and trembled as he felt a hand on his shoulder. the others all gave a sideway glance to each other. 

"nanami, are you okay? you're scaring us." yuki asked with a concerned look.

nanami hung his head as he clenched his fists and punched the table which made his veins pop out. i lost him, he thought. he groaned deeply and sat back down on his chair. his friends were all feeling worried about him, but they were too nervous to talk to nanami. it seemed like he was really mad. 

y/n coughed and whispered to nanami, "what happened?" 

before he could reply, the bell rang for the next class. nanami took one last look at y/n and grabbed his bag. he was out the door before the others could even muster up a word. they were all speechless at what they just witnessed, and y/n was the most baffled. gojo sighed and ran after nanami who was pretty far down the hall. he used up all the strength in his legs to sprint towards nanami. gojo finally caught up to him and stopped him while panting heavily.