six

the last month has been the most awkward month in nanami's entire life. he only conversed with y/n in group settings; not even in class. she only ever wanted to work on their songs when they were studying with their friends. y/n wouldn't even look him in the eyes when she spoke despite always looking into his eyes when she spoke.

nanami wanted nothing more than to hold her, kiss her, or even just sit across from her and have a one to one conversation. she never answers his calls or texts. it started to drive him crazy. he couldn't take it anymore.

he walked into the music room and saw her in their usual seats. nanami made his way to her as she kept her eyes glued onto her phone. when he sat down, he took out his phone and sent her a text.

nanami: so are you gonna keep ignoring me? that's the game we're playing now?

he locked his phone and looked at y/n. he glanced over her shoulder and watched as she looked at the notification and swiped it away. nanami scoffed and leaned back into his seat.

"now, i know you read that shit." he poked her shoulder while talking. y/n turned around and stared at him. even in class, she never said a word. so, it was a surprise when she finally spoke to him.

"i did read it, correct."

"y/n, you can't ignore me forever. i need to know what happened. what did i do?" nanami was desperate for answers, and y/n could see it in his eyes.

"nothing nanami! it's not you, it's me." y/n muttered under her breath.

"you're lying. hah.. if something went wrong between us, it's because i fucked something up. please, just tell me?" nanami sighed deeply.

"i'm trying to help you." she whispered.

"what?"

"nothing. just pay attention before we get scolded."

y/n pulled out her notebook and her pen. she opened a blank page and started taking down some notes. nanami rolled his eyes and did the same. nanami knew more than anybody, that if y/n did not like something, she would end it right then and there. he knew he had to be the reason something happened. he picked up his bag as his teacher started discussing about the project. nanami knew y/n was probably taking notes so he didn't bother doing so. he was frustrated, and decided to blow off steam by texting the group chat.

INSERT COOL NAME HEER

yall meet me in the bathroom near the music rooms

shoko: i'm on the third floor and u got me going all the way to the basement?

gojo: facts

haibara: i'll be down in a minute kento

yuki: me too, shoko and gojo u better come too

shoko: alright kento

shoko: it seems important so i'll be down asap

gojo: omw

nanami smiled after reading his friends' texts and put his phone in his pocket before walking up to the professor. after getting permission to use the bathroom, he headed over to the bathrooms down the hall. he leaned against the wall near the paper towels as haibara and yuki strolled in. they slowly approached him as shoko and gojo appeared as well.

"yo, nanami. what's wrong?" haibara placed his hand on nanami's shoulder.

"yeah, why'd you call us here?" gojo asked with his hands in his pockets.