nine

"i need to see kento nanami, it's super important." y/n ran to the front desk at the hospital.

"are you family?" 

"i'm his girlfriend. i need to see him."

"i'm sorry, ma'am. we're only allowing immediate fami-"

"no, she's fine. y/n, c'mon." y/n looked behind her and saw nanami's sister with a water bottle in her hands. she smiled and followed her.

"how is he?" y/n asked while folding her arms.

"he's unconscious, the doctors cleaned him up but he lost a lot of blood. they really aren't sure what's next. they said that you called just in time." his sister replied.

they arrived at nanami's room and walked in. his mother was holding his hand, and his father standing over him. they took one glance at her as she walked in. y/n stared at nanami's beaten face; his left eye black, his arms covered with bruises. tears welled up in her eyes as she kept staring at his injuries. he beat nanami up really bad. his mother got up and hugged her.

"he'll be okay. everyone he loves will be here soon. he's strong. we'll give you some alone time with him." she patted y/n's back as she spoke.

she hugged y/n one last time before they all headed out of the room. slowly, she made her way over to him. the cardiac monitor showed his heart beating. she breathed a sigh of relief as she sat down in the chair his mother was previously in. she grabbed a hold of nanami's hand and watched his breathing. her thumb made tiny circles on his hand; she knew he loved when she did that. "i'm so glad you're alive." she muttered while laying her head down on his chest.

y/n caught hold of one of nanami's hair strand that was in his face and moved it out the way. her hand softly grazed his cuts and bruises on his face. a tear dropped as she began to speak.

"this is all my fault. i should've told you sooner. i was so stupid. i need you to get better, nanami. i need you to wake up. you went ahead and put your life on the line because of me. i will never forgive myself if you don't wake up. please wake up, nanami."

y/n mumbled incoherent things through her hands and choked on her sobs. she continued squeezing nanami's hand; refusing to let go of him. as she cried, his eyes opened slowly.

the bright fluorescent lights hit nanami's eyes. he wanted to keep them closed but he didn't know where he was. his body shifted a little as he picked up his head. he turned and his eyes landed on the cardiac monitor and y/n holding his hand.

"y/n," his voice was raspy and soft. he called her name again, unsure if he was dreaming or not.

"nanami!" she practically jumped on the man. he groaned in pain, making her back up a little. "oops, sorry. i got a bit excited."

he laughed as she leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips. despite them being bruised, nanami allowed it, as long as it was y/n kissing him. he winced but ignored the pain. as y/n pulled away, she smiled.

"let me go get your parents." 

he nodded his head as he stared at her leave the room, but he wished that they had a bit more alone time together. 

their friends gathered and stood around the hospital bed. they arrived about 10 minutes after nanami had already woken up. everyone looked like they had just gotten out of bed but it didn't matter. what mattered to them was that nanami was safe and sound.

haibara finished telling a joke that made everyone laugh. he gave nanami pats on the back as he laughed. nanami laughed a little too hard that he ended up feeling the pain. he gripped his stitches as he coughed, the rest of them watched with concern. shoko offered a cup of water to him, and gojo massaged his shoulders.