The Irony Of Hindsight

Hindsight really is 20/20, especially when one finds themselves in a situation they could never have expected, from things ranging from random accidents to impossible scenarios. Yet here I am, living one right now as I watch my "parents" sell me to some slavers who, based on their vibe, were working for devils.

It was as if I could sense the corruptive thing they had on their souls, as simply being contracted to a devil is enough to corrupt someone. There was once a Catholic priest in town who talked about how the corruption of the devil's work starts slowly and then seeps into one's soul, making them more suggestive and more willing to fill out contracts. Eventually, if a person does not have strong enough willpower, they will run through their entire life in but a few years.

Other than the fact that he really shouldn't be telling that to impressionable children, the fact that he mentioned various titles like Sirzechs and Serafall clued me into what world I am stuck in. High School DXD is an anime that, while I did watch for the first three seasons and later the fourth, I never read the manga. After that, I learned a bit more after reading fanfiction, but only the basics.

Another friend of mine who completely read the story or is reading it as it hasn't finished said there were going to be alien gods that appeared, and that one shot the strongest being in this world. What's worse is that my friend told me the very line that was being said after one shot him, that being it was only a warm-up, that is, some Dragon Ball-type power creep right there.

Yet, as chains are placed upon me, I am ushered into the woods near the small farming village to what I assume is their teleportation circle. As we walked for a few minutes, I began to feel the presence of demonic magic in the air, and it was disgusting, to say the least. It felt as if my very being was being covered in muck and grime just by being in its presence.

It almost caused me to start to retch physically, and as I pushed forward, the man behind me yelled, "Get moving whelp! We're going to be rich after this

It almost caused me to start to retch physically, and as I pushed forward, the man behind me yelled, "Get moving whelp! We're going to be rich after this. We know you have a gear, kid, and you will go for a pretty penny in the underworld."

I assumed the man was expecting me to quake in fear, but I simply kept walking in silence as I already assumed, as before I was taken, the reincarnation or transmigration occurred, and all that remained was my new name, Cao Cao.

Yes, Cao Cao was the wielder of the True Longinus, even if, to me, the only real Longinus was the one from Shinzo Banzo. Regardless, as we got to a small field within the forest, I stopped feeling the presence of the spear within me as it called out to me.

Unlike the original Cao Cao, who met Sun Wukong before this happened, it seems that this version of Cao Cao never met him and thus never learned the truth about his scared gear.

So reaching for it, a small light forms in my hands, and the men, who numbered a small dozen, notice the man behind me saying, "He has it! Kill him, and we'll be rewarded!" the man then reaches for a knife and attempts to stab me in the back to which I dodge sloppily landing on my knees and after standing back up I use the spear looking similar to the spear Alexios used in Assassins Creed Odessey yet complete and not just the spearhead.