The Crossroads Of A Spear Boy

(Artemis POV)

Witnessing the child leave, I relocated the camp somewhere else to prevent him from returning

Witnessing the child leave, I relocated the camp somewhere else to prevent him from returning. Such are the perks of being a goddess, as while I can teleport myself, I can also teleport anyone in my domain or the camp. Zoe, after the conversation, has been staring at me for a few minutes now, to which I ask, "I can feel your need to speak, Zoe, so out with it."

The girl then says, "Lady Artemis, why doth my lady allow the man's trespass? He was merely a boy, and yet he disrespected my lady."

Sighing at her old English, I respond, "Zoe, I will always admire your desire to protect me as well as my reputation, but you must understand that if that child desired it he, could have killed everyone in this camp before you could blink. One swipe of that spear could clear the entire camp while I would live, I would be grievously injured, and all of you would be dead."

Before she could protest, I raised my hand and said, "My reputation is already set in stone, my loyal Huntress, but I cannot replace any of you. We are sisters. After all, I feel every loss. Even though the boy probably would have died the second he attacked me, he did not. And since he is still but a child, I cannot hold his caution against him."

My Huntress then asks, "But I must inquire, my lady, if we should keep the child  under watch?"

Shaking my head, I said to the nearby huntresses, "Understand your desire to engage in a rematch with the child, but again, I just threatened his life and forced him into a deal that he could not disagree with. He is not holding a favorable opinion of us, and if I was not around, he would have killed you. That stupid spear will always be a threat, even to the divine. One cut is all it would take, so no, we shall leave him be but report it to the council that the spear has found a new user."

Zoe then sighs as she leaves the tent, and as I pet a nearby wolf to calm myself, I thank the fates that he did not lash out as I still remember the scars from that weapon.

As well as a certain woman who wielded it, as that was a day I underestimated the holy lance

As well as a certain woman who wielded it, as that was a day I underestimated the holy lance. I can still feel phantom pains from the scars on my body, even if they do not show physically.