Training Day Suffering

(Cao Cao POV)

Another day, another death-defying injury, such a phrase I did not imagine I would think, but life is full of surprises after all. Yet as such thoughts passed through my mind, Celestine had stabbed me through the chest again.

This training has been going on for the past two days, and I have been showing improvement thanks to my spear arts skills improving

This training has been going on for the past two days, and I have been showing improvement thanks to my spear arts skills improving. But the pain is not something I enjoy, and when I tried to turn it down, I could not.

After asking why I couldn't do it, Cato answered, "Pain is simply a natural part of existence, Cao, and to suffer here is not to suffer out there; let it be known we take no pleasure in watching your pain during training. Well, some might as some were sadistic in life, but that is a pointless fact."

 I would say he is lying about the pleasure, But I have looked at some of the other roped people watching me train, and some of them have had rather interesting expressions

Celestine even said I was lucky that she was training me and not some others, as they would simply hurt me just to hurt me. I sent her my thanks, and all she said was, "I do not need thanks. I need you to stay alive as the entire world will be against you for wielding the spear and for everything all of us have done with it and in his name. Even though God may be dead, the actions of his faithful have not gone unnoticed. I would know, after all."

The last part she said had a sadder undertone, which does make sense as if she did fight in the Crusades. I can understand her guilt, as those wars in the context of DxD would be completely and utterly pointless and backward.

Unlike in the world I came from, where we do not know of God's existence, most would assume they can understand his word or his desires, but here, he actually exists or did exist.

In fact, it kind of messed up that everything that has happened and everything the church has done has been for a dead God, but such events are meaningless now.

Giving her a reply as we trained, I said to her, "We all make mistakes, and we all join causes that, even if we do not know ourselves, will cause others pain, yet the fact that you are admitting that you were wrong is far better than most others. It may not absolve you of the pain you have caused, but it is a good first step."